Good freeware commercial aircraft ?

Jonny D

Does anyone have or know of any good freeware or cheap commerical aircraft...anything from Dash 8 up to A380 ?

There was a topic about freeware aircraft in general, I am more wondering about commerical liners.

Cheers

Well, if its tubeliner freeware you are after, just for number of freebie repaints available alone on AVSIM i'd go with POSKY 737's, 747's and the new 777.  Lot's of Qantas, Virgin Blue and Air NZ repaints for you to pilot the FTX skies with.

I tried the Posky planes but could not get them to install in FSX. Too confusing. Can someone enlighten me as to how to do this?

I will second that statement and suggestion and then some! I carefully followed someones step-by-step installation process in a recent AVSIM thread, to no avail. In the end, after several hours, I deleted it all in failure.  :'( Even though I have been a member of Posky's forum for years, ever since fs2004 first came out, I would not dare ask them about making their 777 run in FSX. That would be an invitation to a public beheading, as there are few people in the flight sim community as nasty  >:( as (most of) their moderators. Anyone here with the patience of Job to help sort this out?  ;D

Spirit Flyer

I believe most of POSKY's 737 models have been converted to FSX.  U need to checkout the "base package" listings for the correct FS9 and FSX version.  Not sure about any of their other planes.

- Glenn.

Hmmm, I run the POSKY 777's and a few 737's in FSX no problems at all.  If you download one of the new 777's on AVSIM they come packaged with all the files you need to just transfer it straight into your FSX installation, only thing you need to alter is the panel, within the panel folder there is an FSX panel sub folder that you overwrite the original with, oh and you might also want to download a good free 777 sound set as well!

Archived