Anyone using FSX on a 3D Projector

steve31000

I just bought the Optoma 3D-XL convertor which turns any 1.4a HDMI signal into a readable signal for 3D projectors to display in 720p (the maximum possible for HDMI 1.3 projectors).

This is an awesome 3D solution and the results are spectacular, as good as being in a 3D cinema.

I have tried several films and games and so far everything is perfect.

I tried FSX yesterday (my main reason for buying the convertor) and I was blown away by the effect. It really was like being there (not too sound too cheesy) especially with Orbx scenery......that was until some serious issues starting ruining my enjoyment.

Whenver I change view, the projector looses the signal for about 10 seconds and then finds it again. This also sometimes happens occasionally from just looking around the virtual cockpit. Another place it happens is whenever I land or takeoff (which inevitably causes me to crash). I'm wondering why this happens only in FSX and not in any other game. I've tried the Tri-Def and IZ3D drivers.

I really hope to fix this. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or experience with this?

I am also using EZCA but I doubt it makes any difference.

Cheers

Steve

If you're not using TrackIR - I would suggest that perhaps this might be an answer.

I haven't flown 2D in a number of years, and don't buy aircraft unless thay are fully operable - as in real life - from a 3d cockpit/flight deck.

I run a Optima HD65, and Trackir on a 6970 2g not 3d tho. That particular probldem can be your cards driver seeing as how ati will not appease fsxer's. I have not had a problem with my setup. How long is your HDMI cable. I ask this because mine is about 16' away and I have a female to female connecter in the middle between a 10' and a 6' cable. Sometimes the connection would not be inserted (stepping on it).

After a while I gave up on the projector because it took to much room to fill proprerly. Now I have 3 24" and 2 more for instrmnts.

I played with it again last night and I have narrowed it down to main problems causing the projector to loose the 3D signal and revert to 2D momentarily which thus causes the screen to go black while the projector changes from 120Hz to 60Hz and then back cauing the long blackout on the screen.

The first is whenever I change view as I mentioned already. Even if I zoom on a view, it looses sync. The second is whenever I press the brake button. Now this one is really bizarre because even if I press the break button in the air (which obviously has no effect), it still looses sync everytime. The third is when I land, even if I don't use break. When I am in the air and keep the same view, everything is absolutely fine even if I move around that view.

I'm determined to fix this. I'm guessing that it might indeed be a driver issue but any other thoughts are welcome.

Everything looks great in 3D. I would highly recommend you try it if you haven't seen it already. I'm guessing on a 3D TV you would have this problem.

Cheers

Steve

Archived