Traffic 3.2: "Missing Aircraft" Message

fs4

Graham, another strange one when I attempt to open "Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl" in AIFP 2.1.21 to take a look at the schedules. It opens the listing OK, but only after displaying a text box which indicates:

"The file "Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl" contains the following observations/errors; One or more aircraft used by these flight plans is not available on this system".

Am I missing something? Should I have downloaded some additional files or did the distributed version of the file perhaps miss some aircraft?

EDIT: I should add that I get no such warning when I load the "Aust-NZ Airlines" file into AIFP.

Thanks.

The V3.20 package should have included everything required for the package to work except for the default B58 for Aeropelican and Cessna 172's for Jandakot which are included separately with those two airport packages. The error report should have given you the aircraft numbers for the ones missing. Could you make a note of those for me so I can check this out?

Once again thanks for your prompt response and clarification Graham. I can't seem to find an error report as such, but I now notice that the listing of aircraft that appears when the file is loaded, does includes one item in red. I assume it is the B58 you mentioned. It's B58 BMO. It is followed by a string of 172's, including some that certainly are the Jandakot ones, e.g. VH-BOF. They are not in red though, just the normal black.

So, my reading is that all is fine. The message appears to be referring solely to the Aeropelican plane, which presumably loads with that scenery file.

Thanks again for opening up the mysteries of AI Traffic even further.

Archived