FTX Reinstall problems

Dusty744

Good evening gents,

I have recently re-installed FSX and one of the first things I did was to install all the FTX AU packages. Afterdoing this, reloading a bunch of my addon sceneries and reinstalling aircraft like the NGX, VRS F18 etc I noticed that all my regions appear in FTX central yet the FTX gold region does not appear in the sim. All other regions appear fine in the sim.

The scenery library looks okay but i'm not entirely sure. I would appreciate some advice as to what my next move should be. My FTX packs were SP3 when I installed them so I put the SP4 and SP4.2(?) updates in also. Would simply reinstalling the FTX Gold be a wise idea?

many thanks in advance

Hi Alex, welcome to the forums

First thing to do is fire up FTXcentral and set it to [Default], press OK and then set it to [Australia] pressing OK again, this resolves most issues similar to yours

I assume your installing from the 4 separate packages for Australia? if so check your scenery library for the AU GOLD entries:

FTXAU_25_SCENERY

FTXAU_26_SHORES

FTXAU_28_CUSTOM

Failing all that please post up a screenshot of what your seeing if possible, you can use the image hoster here: http://www.orbxsyste...t-up-read-this/

Cheers

Tim

Hi,

Check you also have the following folders in FSX/ORBX/FTX_AU

FTXAU_25_SCENERY

FTXAU_26_SHORES

FTXAU_28_CUSTOM

Check they have content within

And can you please take a shot at... Cairns YBCS, so I can determine your other regions are showing properly

Is anybody able to help with this?

I am also having a problem with YMML which only just popped up.

Posted Image

Can anyone explain why the ground poly has taken to showing this 'ghost' default runway ontop of it? I have also noticed that some of the terminals have errors. I will take a screenshot shortly but basically some of the terminals are partially seethrough.

cheers

Hello,

So Cairns is OK then?

Lets focus on the AU Gold issue for the time being,

Set FTXcentral to Australia, and reinstall:

1 - AU Gold

2 - AU SP4 servicepack

3 - latest ORBXlibs

Run all the installers 'As admin' (you can do this by right clicking on them and selecting the option)

And if your using Windows7/Vista turn UAC (User Access Control)...off and temp disable any antivirus you may have running (pull the internet cord out if your worried about baddies)

And yes, I can confirms that ORBX Cairns with Green region works perfectly.

YMML seems to be working fine now too, I just seem to be missing a few aerobridges but thats a minor problem compared to the Gold region not showing.

Timmy - I seem to have resolved the problem.

I was just deleting entries in my scenery library and reloading the sim after doing each one. Everything was normal after I unchecked the scenery that I have for the Salt Ash Weapons range (which is about 2NM north of Willy). I have no idea why this is the case though as I have had this scenery installed on my last FSX install and it worked fine.

I'm sorry to have lead you on a wild goose chase, thankyou for all your help! I very much appreciate it.

Regards

Archived