PNW - Seattle Issues.

BionicCrab

The last couple days I've been having issues with PNW. I've been trying to do NGX delivery flights from Renton but as soon as I do a couple of turns everything goes south, and I drop to about 10 fps and get other issues. I've been able to isolate the problem to FTX Central. If I use the FSX default settings i'm getting 30+ FPS, smooth as butter even with wild turns.

So .. if you turn NA scenery off in FTX Central, the problems disappears?

This has more to do with settings and resources, rather than FTX Central or scenery as such.

What settings are you using, and does it happen with (say) the default 737?

If it does not, then dropping settings may free up resources and improve overheads.

The area around KSEA is known to be a demanding area, both in default FSX and indeed in FTX-NA.

Hmm I had turned down all the scenery settings before but it didn't seem to help. I cleared the scenery cache which got rid of all the weird rendering anomalies and stuttering I was experiencing. After that I went and applied the same global texture size I use for the 747x to get more frames. Works fine now probably something a bit more VRAM should easily solve.

Any matter, issue resolved. Thanks!

Archived