Error on the RAAF VIP textures corrected

Butch

Hi There,

I hope no one minds my posting this here.

I've had a problem with the wing textures for the RAAF VIP version I did some time ago for the F1 PC12. When I did the update of the roundel and the some other bits and pieces I somehow included the wing textures of the Spectre version.  :'(

This plane:

Posted Image

If you downloaded the texture files and noticed that the wings and tail where a VERY different shade of grey than the fuselage, please get the corrected textures over at AussieX.

I am sorry and apologise for the mix up.

Cheers,

Butch

Butch,

I have this aircraft and think it's great so i'll be popping over to pick up your repaint, i'm also hanging out for the NG if and when F1 do one.

One question to your self or any others, is there a patch/mod that allows exhaust stains on the cowel (sp?)

To me that seems to be the only thing missing on an otherwise great model.

Hi FB,

Weathering is not easy to do properly, you need to bring together so many elements including bump mapping. It takes a large amount of time, effort and skill to pull off convincingly. (I lack all three in varying degrees)  :'(

It really is the last frontier for me and so something I am going to work on once I have done the majority of the schemes I'd like to do. There are only about 2 more on the PC12, 1 on the Cheyenne then its onto MD80 Pro. While I like the plane, I am looking forward to studying the weathered schemes from McPhat studios and migrating those techniques to my existing paints.

In relation to the exhaust stains for this plane that's very easy to do, if you'd like to wait until this evening, I'll put together the 'dirty' textures and include them in the zip.

Cheers

Hey Butch,

Are you kidding? man i'd wait all week for those effects!

Thanks for the reply and for your generous offer, i'm sure plenty of others would like it as well, would look good to arrive at some dusty outback strip ( when Red gets here!) in a dirty '12 in ADF colours and have the PM step out!

Thanks again Butch :)

FB,

Thanks for the interest, if you'd like a head start there is a basic 'dirty' version of the RFDS PC12 already up at AussieX. Exhaust stains and the red earth of central Australia included. (please swipe your shoes when you enter)

I am a neat freak, if I was the PM I'd be sacking the chief pilot for not cleaning the plane!

Just kidding...but I'd bump him down a rank  ;D

Cheers,

Archived