FSMovMap

matsout

Hi everyone,

this is really only for those with an android phone or device. The other day while browsing through the market I stumbled across this new app called FSMovMap, It's fairly basic but what it does is through WiFi connects to your FS system and shows you a moving map display of your current position on your phone using googlemaps data. If you enter a direct to using the GPS or even file a flight plan in FS it displays the flight plan on the phone. Along with position info it also gives you KIAS, ALT and HDG.

I don't know if it's that useful to anyone but for myself I think it's going to make flying and relating to my position in PNW a whole lot better since that's not my natural flying area. It could also be useful if you want to leave the computer and go somewhere else in the house and keep up to date on your position so you can return when close to your destination, obviously that scenario would apply more to tube drivers. It's main purpose I belive is for VFR flying since it uses googlemaps.

Anyway as I said it's only for android at this stage http://www.rahsim.com/

Archived