Manual Adding to FSX Scenery Library

Just installed YMLT and YPLC to try the FTX Scenery but am not having any luck in manually adding the scenery to the FSX scenery library. AU Traffic installed with no problems, and traffic can be seen at both airports, but no updated scenery.

I have installed the Orbx Library 110614 which was mentioned in the YPLC installation file. But when I go to add area, neither airport can be found. I have searched in both the Add On scenery folder and the Orbx folder.

Cheers in advance!

Thanks for the reply Ian.

That's the part I'm getting stuck on. I go to the scenery library menu, click add area but then can't find the scenery files to add. I can see there are files in the Orbx file in the FSX main folder, however when I navigate to the Orbx folder in the scenery library add area option, the folders are there, but the texture files are not. Even though they can be found through windows explorer.

The FSX add scenery is to add a folder, hence texture files won't be visible.

In Windows 7, there is a bug which makes it a little non-intuitive to add folders.

Step by step instructions on how to use the FGSX add scenery entries can be found here:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/6035-how-to-add-scenery-to-fsx-with-windows-7/

Worked perfectly thankyou! I remembered as I read your reply it was supposed to be folder rather than textures, but being new to Windows 7 I was unfamiliar with the bug for adding scenery.... thanks again!

Archived