A2ASimulations Releases B377

Jay Kae

Im interested in what our fellow simmers think of the price (combined 377 + Accu-Sim) being around $62.00 US.

I love this hobby, being an active participant since 1984/85, but sheesh it is really starting to impact the hip pocket, especially for one aircraft...

If your getting sticker shock from the $62 bucks, you should have a look at Captain Sim's C130 it'll probably send you into a coma.  ;D  I know because I was interested and went into mild cardiac arrest...

The pro-pack comes in at a cool $156.31 plus the optional $12.60 registration backup for an all up figure of $168.91 and if you paid 156.31 I'd say you'd probably want some back up. Rewind, if you paid them $156.31 wouldn't you think the least they could do would be to keep your details and give you a key should you happen to lose it? Hmmmm...

Personally, I don't mind spending and in the grand scheme of things 160 bucks isn't much, but I can't stand being taken for a ride.

Getting back to the B377, having looked at the screen shots I think its a awesome plane if you are into that era.

Cheers,

Butch

Well, Alphasim charges 60 something dollars for something that has not even got 10% of the charisma and the realism of this pack by A2A, this creation is an instant classic, don't get me wrong I like my AS stuff as well but this B377 cannot be beaten :)

Absolutely correct and I will probably pick this bird up...  But my point still stands, I think (for me anyway) the prices are starting to bite, whereas once upon a time $20 - $40 seems to be not much of an impost.

Cheers,

Guest Private-Cowboy

Not really. Accusim is mainly about incredible realism when it comes to engine management. With Accusim you can break and damage various parts of the 377 when you're not operating them properly. If you only want eye candy and a nice flight model, you don't need Accusim but you would miss a milestone in addon development. Accusim also brings a virtual crew that CAN take load off your shoulders but that's not really what Accusim is all about.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And yes, this 377 is a masterpiece. I bought her yesterday and I'm only scratching the surface till now but I can say that this has more depth than every addon AlphaSim has ever released combined. How dare I mentioning AS and A2A in the same sentence - I should burn in hell.  ;D Honestly, the 377 has depth, is detailed to no end, has a great VC and a nice framerate - for less than the pretty but empty shell that is called Blackhawk from AS.

Nice shots, mate.

I love the complexity of it, but like my engines to be jets.

It's probably the only thing that would deter me.

I had to laugh though. Did anybody pick up the tail strike on the second you tube video.

That bird is gonna be in the hangar for a while after that flight, let me tell ya!

Frank

I didn't have time to do any proper images yet but I did grab a quick one just to show how good the texture art is.  I'd say this plane has the best bump maps I have seen, next to the RealAir Spitfire and the A2A P-40.  It's really a work of art. 

Posted Image

Here's what the other side of the engines look like.  Even without accu-sim its still fairly in-depth.  Carb air temp still affects power, so the intercoolers work, and ram air also works adding more manifold pressure. If you open the cowl flaps too far at high speed its like speed brakes, the plane shakes like mad, and they can be jammed and get stuck open.  That's just a couple things I noticed.  Check out the bump mapping where the highlight is on the engines.  The whole plane is mapped with the wavy metal surface. 

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If your getting sticker shock from the $62 bucks, you should have a look at Captain Sim's C130 it'll probably send you into a coma.  ;D  I know because I was interested and went into mild cardiac arrest...

The pro-pack comes in at a cool $156.31 plus the optional $12.60 registration backup for an all up figure of $168.91 and if you paid 156.31 I'd say you'd probably want some back up. Rewind, if you paid them $156.31 wouldn't you think the least they could do would be to keep your details and give you a key should you happen to lose it? Hmmmm...

Personally, I don't mind spending and in the grand scheme of things 160 bucks isn't much, but I can't stand being taken for a ride.

Getting back to the B377, having looked at the screen shots I think its a awesome plane if you are into that era.

Cheers,

Butch

It's a great plane though.  And you can always our two months of your time into reviewing this plane, and then get it for free :D

Yup, I am totally amazed as well, bought it late last night and only had one quick flight...  Big mistake... and a long way from the Mooney I have spent the last 20 or so hours simming in  :D

Mistake, because it is so complex that I need to spend a good amount of time familiarising myself with the systems first before I venture up in another flight.  It truely take this simming hobby to another level.  Very exciting actually.

Cheers,

Is there a way to hide your VISA bill from your wife?   :P

LO-LOL!!!!  I'm tempted to get this, but YMML is coming, Gold is coming, just got a new CPU... Wait a while methinks.... :)  She doesn't mind the money this hobby takes, but this might be pushing it... :)  :-*

Might go and do my tax return.... :)

I have one card which has the postal address as my office that way the statements... ;D  ;D  ;D

Matt, I know the feeling, I have been pondering the same question, AU Gold, YMML, and of course Avalon. Decision, decisions....

Butch

I have one card which has the postal address as my office that way the statements... ;D  ;D  ;D

Matt, I know the feeling, I have been pondering the same question, AU Gold, YMML, and of course Avalon. Decision, decisions....

Butch

yeah well im only 16 so my dad pays for alot of mine.. and best thing is he flys in real life, same as me and soo he loves me playing on this so i just say its better practise in realistic planes and scenery  ;D

i just took this bad boy of a plane for a flight from melb - syd... hard to fly at start but gettin use to it, its awesome as! ;D

Guest Private-Cowboy

I can honestly say that I've not flown a better plane in FSX yet. The H-1 comes close but overall the 377 is just pure gold. It has everything you could prolly ask for. Only downside is that there was no aussie operator of the 377 so we cannot fly here authentically over FTX terrain. Anyway, since the paintkit is out on AVSim, is there anyone artistically inclined that is willing to paint a fictional Qantas with its old late 40s scheme...

Posted Image

Anyway, here are a few impressions from the wonderful 377...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest Private-Cowboy

Oh man, you can't imagine the smile that your words just put on my face. This paint looks incredible...

Posted Image

Guest Private-Cowboy

Whoa, for a repaint that came out just a day after the paint kit this is a miracle. It's easily on par with the paints that come with the 377. My deepest respect for the artist who painted this up...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived