a re-visit after awhile..

dmrich28

Haven't had much chance for much flying and thought I'd visit "my" island..

The other day I tried going down to 1280x800 just to see what difference there is from 1680x1050

It's not too bad (this shot is compressed to jpg which always hurts but I just liked the clouds, sky, water, mountains in background and birds flying in this one.

Stupid hobby..I've paid for 1/2 this computer (only had 2 months and already have upgrades in mind    8)

I just changed resolutions to see frame increase went from 17 to 38 but think I'll go back again. Leave comments etc as always guys.

Thanks, Dave

Posted Image

similar shot back to 1680x1050  still in jpg

lost frame rate for sure but it is night and day in image quality..I won't ever go back.

I'd rather lose the frames (since  it's still very flyable  17fps)

guess it's time to get a new motherboard (any suggestions) so I can unlock this POS HP board which is my bottleneck.

full system

Q6600@2.4 (can't o'clock re:HP board)

Nvidia gts 8800 640mb

4gb ram

vista 32bit

dual 22" (one gateway fpd2185w main) (secondary Samsung 216bw)

800 watt Power.

here's the original bmp.

Posted Image

Posted Image

give me input "pros"  thanks,

Dave

Your like me. The only thing lacking is the CPU / MB. My MB will accept a quad core so that is what I'm going to do. Do yourself a favor and do not go dual core. They are OK but having a quad core will be the best bang for the buck. Remember to get as high of a CPU speed as possible ($$$). I run a ASUS P5N-E-SLI board and I absolutely love it. My next upgrade will be to a quad core CPU and another ATI 3870 card to run in SLI.

Just my thoughts.  ;D

Archived