Comet by Just flight

Louis

Just bought this ol' clunker and really like it , real sluggish on the controls(make sure your yoke is clamped down good to your desk :lol: ) and the differential braking is nice and smooth. But the nav system- well that's a whole different story. You'll learn to respect the guys who flew these things real quik. The instruments are caged and takes a whole lot of getting used to . So let's just say i'm not ready to make a fool out of myself yet on Vatsim.I practice by putting -G-plan on the upper monitor so i can see where and how i'm doing trying to learn this caged system.

Also, go to DM flightsim, he has a very good Freeware Comet for FS9 that will work in FSX with a little editing. It includes a couple of variants that JF did not cover, like the Radar Trial Comet (which led to the Nimrod) as well as the Comet III variants. I love her too. Another good one is the CS 707 and 727, with the 737 100/200 on upwind. Great if you love the old smokeburners!

Jens Kristensen has done the CometI and II. The Comet I inaugaurated jet service, but was the one that crashed due to explosive decompression. He has modelled "Yoke Peter". She was the first Comet to fly a commercial service (London Heathrow to Johannesburg via Rome) Sadly she was the first to be lost, also

Archived