missing ai traffic

lthendrix

If you have any traffic addons that use FS9 files, they will suppress FSX traffic. WOAI for example.

I had no traffic addons other than Orbx traffic packs that I uninstalled per the direction of the user manual on pg 10.

do you have any suggestions as to files I can look for that may be missing ?

is it possible I have deleted the default traffic when I did this.

also I did the repair off of the fsx disc and the traffic did not reappear for example at 3w5 there should be a 172 coming down the taxi way, its gone. same at kors. I have the traffic bgl in the airport scenery ..if any one knows how to help me I would appreciate it .

I guess my next step would be to uninstall and re install the airports and see if that helps .... Please any thoughts this is driving me mad.!

yes I know which makes this all the more bizarre . I thought that a repair of the fsx disc would return my ai traffic.

I uninstalled the oz traffic pack because I thought it might be causing issues.. even when I had default traffic ticked in the ai control panel I had no traffic in na. so I uninstalled it per the user manual ....still no traffic. then I did a fsx repair off the disc still no ai traffic. I am at a loss should I re install the au traffic will that give me my default traffic back ? I would hate to do a full re install of fsx ....surley some one out there has the answer...???

I remember that I installed Don Grovenstines cyyj but it did not display correctly so I deleted in from my scenery library.

I know that this add on came with a built in traffic pack I wonder if that is causing my trouble ?

Look in your Scenery\world\scenery folder and see that you have a file called trafficaircraft.bgl. Make sure there is nothing after .bgl such as .passive. If there is then rename it trafficaircraft.bgl.

Norman

thank you Norman for your reply. I will do that as soon as I get to my home I am at the office now.

Once again I am happy to report that with the help of this wonderful community and you Norman I have solved the issue

I had two traffic bgl in scenery/world scenery folder one was default traffic bgl and one was default traffic bgl disabled for ftx ai

I had deleted the ftx au traffic pack but did not go back to look in the folder and whaen I did per Normans advice I noticed both so I deleted the disabled one and now I am back with traffic s...... so thanx a ton Norman for helping me out I am still a noob when it comes to this stuff .. Happy simming :D

this is resolved

Archived