Eager For Action

Yoda

Flight1's soon-to-be-released Cessna Skylane TC sure looks at home up in the PNW. I took her for a flight today from Orcas to Concrete, which made for some pretty nice pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Taxiing out, we seem to have drawn a crowd.

Posted Image

Lined up for takeoff.

Posted Image

Into the wilds you ponder...

Posted Image

Orcas is a nice little field.

Posted Image

Here we are on final for Concrete, correcting for a bit of crosswind.

Posted Image

Parked and chocked.

Posted Image

A pretty girl posing provocatively.

Posted Image

Thanks for thsi Yoda. And the vc shots of course (my own measure of excellence). I guess it's good news if you can start posting screenies. Wonder what the status of the F1 162 is. That's one I have high hopes for!

WHAT!!!!!!!!! It's released?????

Sorry, Jordan...not just yet. Soon. The development team is wrapping up a few loose ends, and then she'll be ready to go.

Really nice, well captured!... one has got to admire that bug's guts splatted all over the windshield!

Yeah, that's a nice touch. Once you've landed and shut the engine down, you can clean the windshield, too.

Jordan,

The standby gauges are 3D, and the True Airspeed calculator built in to the standby ASI even works.

The Flight1 Garmin G1000 has an ADF in it, so you're good to go on those NDB approaches.

Posted Image

Yoda,

I was asking about the ADF because I've seen Cessna 182 TC and below the AI they had what looked like an After Market ADF Receiver...that's why I asked. Those gauges look great. Couple question, is it easier on the FPS then the 510 and will it have Navigraph updates? Does it come with tones of Performance Charts like the 510 did, thanks yoda.

Cheers

Jordan,

The 182 TC definitely seems easier on the frames than the Mustang for me...it's a simpler model, and the Garmin G1000 has been optimized a bit since the Mustang's initial release. (Go get the Mustang 1.05a from Flight1, by the way...it's got some optimizations and improvements that help.)

I haven't seen the Flight1 manual yet, so I don't know what's in it. During testing, I've been using the real world manual from Cessna. The 182TC is pretty astounding and easy to operate -- cruise climb is 25" MP at 2400 RPM and 95 KIAS, max continuous power is 28" MP at 2400 RPM. Generally, you climb at the lower power setting to provide better visibility over the nose in climb, and for passenger comfort. What I've been doing for most flights is setting 28" MP after takeoff (takeoff power is 32" MP), and leaving that power setting through most of the flight. I keep the climb airspeed at 95 KIAS all the way up to whatever my cruise altitude might be, adjusting the fuel mixture as necessary for peak power...I've flown a few flights at 20,000 feet.

The real 182TC is equipped with oxygen, by the way.

Ok cool thanks Yoda, are you guys in Beta..is this like maybe a 6 week wait until she flies or we talking months. Im really excited for this thing, gives me MORE reasons not to buy Carenado. O ya, Navigraph?

Jordan,

Yes on the Navigraph...uses the same installer that the Mustang uses, so if you have both, it's one pass for the data.

No word on release date...they keep these things close to the vest, you know! Soon, though.

Dontworry, the image quality is definitely my own failure and not the VC. Here's the same close up, cropped to 800x600 to avoid Photobucket's image compression, I hope:

Posted Image

Should give you a better idea of what you'll be looking at in the sim.

Jordan,

No VNAV. I know that's a sensitive topic, since most of us like our simulators to be "as real as it gets". (And what that means, exactly, is anyone's guess. PMDG pointed out in another forum that in the development of the NGX, they've discovered a thing or two that are commonly accepted features of a Boeing-style FMC in the sim which have no basis in reality. Developers seem to have been including them because it's what's expected by the community.) In any case, as Flight1 says, the Skylane TC is an entertainment product. They consider VNAV a little-used feature and part of that category of "high end user" functions that would put the FSX Mustang and FSX Skylane in direct competition with their Flight1 Aviation Technologies Garmin G1000 Student Simulator, which sells at a much higher price point. (Check that product out here: Flight1 Tech Garmin G1000 Student Simulator)

Hopefully, this doesn't renew the VNAV controversy that surrounded the Mustang's release. In my opinion, anyone who considers the lack of working VNAV in either the Mustang or the Skylane to be a "showstopper" is missing out on a couple of truly outstanding add-ons.

Archived