Cant turn off Avlon airshow

I have YMAV and the airshow installed. Sadly it comes at a performance hit so would like to turn this off.

However, when I try turning it off in the control panel, it says 'Could not switch option'

Any help in resolving will be very much appreciated

Many thanks

check your orbx scenery folder where fsx is installed orbx au ymav scenery world folder I think there is a duplicate bgl file one says airshow on one off. this same thing happened to me at vashon island . its an easy fix I am going to search for my post and if I find it I will post the link. it is the same for ymav ... be right back

The Airshow Mode switch for Avalon can only stop working if the relevant Airshow files get out of sinc with the control panel. When this happens, the best way to resolve the problem is to do the following:-

Within the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_YMAV/Scenery, remove all files with Airshow_Mode_..... in the name and ensure the file APX_YMAV.bgl does not have the tag .OFF on the end.

Within the folder Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Scenery/World/Scenery, remove all files with Airshow_Mode_Traffic_..... in the name and ensure the file Traffic_Avalon.bgl does not have the tag .OFF on the end.

Once you complete the above, you will have removed the Avalon Airshow Mode from your system and returned YMAV back to the standard FTX version. If you wish, you can reinstall the latest Airshow Mode and all the Mode switching for Avalon should be available again.

well fifty six I hope you worked it out it sounded similar to my problem I hope I havent hurt your install with the info I provided It seems that no two airports are the same. In the future I will add a disclaimer as I am not A developer :)

Thank you both very kindly and no problem at all lthendrix! Im very grateful for your kind support!

However, I seemed to have resolved by just re installing the airshow, and now able to switch this off

Thanks for all your help!

Archived