FTX AI TRAFFIC PROB.

I am 84 years old and a pc pilot for 20 years but still mess things up. I have purchased a second PC dedicated to flight sims(spec below). FSx with most ORBx scenery works very well with good fps.My problem is ftx traffic does not work.I copied the file from no 1 pc down load folder but no aircraft and no traffic and the switch does not work. When uninstalled default aircraft appear but no raffic action. When installing the following mssage appeared"error reading fsx.cfg 'object reference not set to an instance of an object' Can anyone help.

BAZZ

ftxsp3/brisbane/tamworth from pc aviator store melbourne/lost papre work....avalon/melbourne/brisbanefrom FSS0082980/0040388/00947860

spec: widows7/intel corei7 2600k 4.4ghz/noctua c14 cooler/gigabytega p67a board/west.dig. 300gb velociraptor/corsair vengeance 2x4gb ddr3/gtx570

Hi Bazz,

I'm not sure I know what's going on there.

From what you've written above:

You've run the installer that you downloaded above. This appeared to complete without error.

Enabling the traffic in the control panel makes FSX default traffic go away, but there is no new traffic.

My guess is that the additional SimObjects entry in your fsx.cfg that tells FSX where to find the AI aricraft is missing.

One of the AI guys may be along with some other ideas.

Hi Ian

you may have given me a clue. I compared ORB/trafic folder and sim objects/airplanes folder in pc no 1 with those in pc no 2. In 1 the ftx ai aircraft appear in both folders but in the no 2 they are not in the sim objects folder. It dawned on me that pc 1 op system is XP and no 2 is win 7. Should i uninstall the ai programme in no 2 and download again from ftx or is there another way.The ai switch now works in that when ticked default aircraft appear and operate. BAZZ

The key is that there should be an entry in fsx.cfg that points to the AI location (wherever that is)

If that entry is not present (UAC preventing access), then the planes will not appear, even if the traffic files are active.

I would probably run the installer again as Administrator, making sure User Account control is set to off.

The FTX AU Traffic pack works with the 3 Traffic files in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder and the 92 aircraft folders in your SimObjects/Airplanes folder. If you do not have these, then the Traffic pack will not work. The only other component is the Control Panel to switch the traffic on and off. There are no special entries required in your FSX.cfg file with V3.00 or V3.01 of the FTX AI Traffic pack.

I suggest you remove any files you have copied from one computer to the other and do a clean install of the AI package. The setup is exactly the same for XP and Win 7.

Archived