KCMW error 11FD

Dactyl

Hello to all,

I always get a error 11FD message, when I try to install KCMW. The first download could not be unzipped so I tried again two times. After the second try winzip was able to unzip the file, then I tried to install a lot of times and always get this error. I have installed all patches for the NA products. What can I do now ?

Regards

Jochen

The file size of the unziped file is 1.000869 KB

Just for information a quote from the error message:

"ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCMW\Scenery\2_orthoimage_WA_NAIP_LakeCushman_1m.bgl

This file contains invalid data (error 11FD)"

Hello to all,

I always get a error 11FD message, when I try to install KCMW. The first download could not be unzipped so I tried again two times. After the second try winzip was able to unzip the file, then I tried to install a lot of times and always get this error. I have installed all patches for the NA products. What can I do now ?

Regards

Jochen

The file size of the unziped file is 1.000869 KB

I'm not familiar with that error, Jochen. Can you post a screenshot of the error screen?

Just for information a quote from the error message:

"ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KCMW\Scenery\2_orthoimage_WA_NAIP_LakeCushman_1m.bgl

This file contains invalid data (error 11FD)"

That file is the largest of the group by far - it's the photo real terrain w/4 seasons for the entire area. It sounds as though your download was still corrupted somehow, and possibly truncated the file. I'm surprised that it unzipped, though, given that. I know it's painful to do with such a large file, but it sounds as though you need to download it again. How are you downloading it, straight through your browser, or by using a download manager?

I'm not familiar with that error, Jochen. Can you post a screenshot of the error screen?

That file is the largest of the group by far - it's the photo real terrain w/4 seasons for the entire area. It sounds as though your download was still corrupted somehow, and possibly truncated the file. I'm surprised that it unzipped, though, given that. I know it's painful to do with such a large file, but it sounds as though you need to download it again. How are you downloading it, straight through your browser, or by using a download manager?

I downloaded it with the Mozilla browser. Just tried it another two times, but this time I can`t unzip it again. I was only once sucessfull in unzipping it. But the installation always stops at about 3 percent.

I downloaded it with the Mozilla browser. Just tried it another two times, but this time I can`t unzip it again. I was only once sucessfull in unzipping it. But the installation always stops at about 3 percent.

I suggest trying a download manager such as Free Download Manager, GetRight, or FlashGet. I've had much better luck downloading large files with those than I have with straight browser downloads. Do a Google search on the above for the exact addresses.

I suggest trying a download manager such as Free Download Manager, GetRight, or FlashGet. I've had much better luck downloading large files with those than I have with straight browser downloads. Do a Google search on the above for the exact addresses.

Just tried it with the Free Download Manager, no luck download file broken. I started a support ticket at flightsimstore.

I never had such problems with the huge Orbx files (NABlue etc) before.

I am also not able to post a screenshot anymore, because I deleted the all the downloaded files and the files I downloaded today were all broken.

So lets see what the store is telling me.

Nearly a success---> I could download it and unzip the file without problems!...but again and again the same problem appears:

Posted Image

I tried it many many times but it stops always at this point. Wasted nearly 4 hours yesterday with downloading and unzipping but nothing helps, I never had such a problem with Orbx products :'( :'( :'(

Am I the only one with this problem ?!?

I've downloaded many times from the Flightsim Store and never had that problem. We haven't had any reports from users of it either, and there are a lot of KCMW customers out there who have reported installing and enjoying the scenery. As hard as it may be to explain, the problem does seem to be on your end. However, maybe Adrian from FSS can offer some help. I'm not well-versed in how their wrapper system works. Have you contacted him directly through their support system?

Hello Bill,

the problem is getting worse !!! Due to a few problems with my OS I decided to install it again after clearing the HD. Now Win7 works again and I am almost finished with this work.

And now after installing FSX, I started to install NABlue. The same problem here, I have to unzip it several times until the files are okay. And then after launching the unwrapper and installer of NABlue it always stops.

But thats not all: I copied the files from my backupHD (external) to C: (also tried D:), these are the same files I installed it several months ago without problems. Then I launched the unwrapper/installer the same message appears.

"Unable to decompress orthoimage MtBaker...". I really have absolutely no idea why this happens ?!?

So I seem to have a problem with unwrapping/unzipping, maybe both programs (unwrapper and winzip)use a process on this PC or OS that is already broken. Hopefully you understand, english is not my native language :-)

Regards

Jochen

edit: I encountered this error also while installing FSX ("could not extract...retry/ignore/cancel"). So I cleaned it and put it back and it worked.

2.nd edit: Just have an Idea: Is it possible, that the RAM is the problem ? Thats the last thing I changed on my system (from 4GB to 6GB). It was a few months ago. This could be the connection maybe.

I try it and change back to the old 4GB and let you know.

Hello Bill,

the problem is getting worse !!! Due to a few problems with my OS I decided to install it again after clearing the HD. Now Win7 works again and I am almost finished with this work.

And now after installing FSX, I started to install NABlue. The same problem here, I have to unzip it several times until the files are okay. And then after launching the unwrapper and installer of NABlue it always stops.

But thats not all: I copied the files from my backupHD (external) to C: (also tried D:), these are the same files I installed it several months ago without problems. Then I launched the unwrapper/installer the same message appears.

"Unable to decompress orthoimage MtBaker...". I really have absolutely no idea why this happens ?!?

So I seem to have a problem with unwrapping/unzipping, maybe both programs (unwrapper and winzip)use a process on this PC or OS that is already broken. Hopefully you understand, english is not my native language :-)

Regards

Jochen

edit: I encountered this error also while installing FSX ("could not extract...retry/ignore/cancel"). So I cleaned it and put it back and it worked.

2.nd edit: Just have an Idea: Is it possible, that the RAM is the problem ? Thats the last thing I changed on my system (from 4GB to 6GB). It was a few months ago. This could be the connection maybe.

I try it and change back to the old 4GB and let you know.

Jochen, you've passed the limit of my knowledge regarding installers. Hopefully someone with more expertise will chime in here soon.

Heureka ! I found the solution ! :D :D :D You can marked this as solved.

My intuition was right, it was a RAM problem. The link between all the problems that appeared is that all installer and zip programs eg. use the RAM. The original RAM sticks were broken.

I started the windows 7 internal diagnostic program "mdsched", it checks the RAM, and told me that there is a memory problem.

Cannot tell you how happy I am after all the hours of searching :)

Regards

Jochen

Heureka ! I found the solution ! :D :D :D You can marked this as solved.

My intuition was right, it was a RAM problem. The link between all the problems that appeared is that all installer and zip programs eg. use the RAM. The original RAM sticks were broken.

I started the windows 7 internal diagnostic program "mdsched", it checks the RAM, and told me that there is a memory problem.

Cannot tell you how happy I am after all the hours of searching :)

Regards

Jochen

That's great news, Jochen! I'm glad you finally got it sorted out.

Archived