Bit of bummer trip.

Tom C

Started out as a nice sightseeing trip from KAST up to Orcas via some Airports en-route.

Plan was to take a look at KSEA along the way to see all those tubes goin up and down.

Then the computer decided it didn't want to play tonight for whatever reason.

Got some shots that I thought were tidy enough to post. Also got a small question for those in the know to help me with.

Taxi out at KAST.

Posted Image

How hard is it to concentrate on checklists with scenery like this?

Posted Image

Sun is breaking through.

Posted Image

And now I'm breaking through the clouds over Olympia.

Posted Image

And the question is, does anyone know where or how to turn off the red writing on the top right hand side of this screenshot within FSX?

It's frustrating as hell to see something out of the ordinary and decide to take a screenshot, but having to wait for what seems a long time for this to dissapear?

Posted Image

Nice shots!

And the question is, does anyone know where or how to turn off the red writing on the top right hand side of this screenshot within FSX?

It's frustrating as hell to see something out of the ordinary and decide to take a screenshot, but having to wait for what seems a long time for this to dissapear?

In the [Display] section of the the FSX.cfg there are two entries:

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

Change them to a lower number to make the view information disappear faster or just set them to 0.000000 to get rid of it completely.

If you want to get rid of other messages as well ("Parking Brake", "Overspeed" etc.) change these entries in the same section to "False":

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

Wow, that's exactly the answer I was hoping for Patrick, many thanks.

Hopefully I can get FSX to play ball tomorrow so I can complete the flight and plan for the next one.

Thanks guys.

Archived