duplicate maule error installing kcwm and lancair.

lthendrix

as stated ,...I deleted the file causing the error but now I have no default maule ... one of my favorite default planes .......... I feel I traded the lancair for the maule ... any help"? ?

I'm not sure of the question. What happened, and what are you trying to fix now? Sorry, the info above isn't enough to go on.

Hi Bill I got a error that said the maule was duplicated and only one could Exist so I deleted the said file mentioned in the error message and surprise no more error and no more Maule weird..... I am going to go fly but I hope this is not the culprit of all the g3d.dll errors meaning of course the plane sir . LoL . these trials and tribulations are part of the hobby and overcoming them is half the fun . good eving to you .

Hi Bill I got a error that said the maule was duplicated and only one could Exist so I deleted the said file mentioned in the error message and surprise no more error and no more Maule weird..... I am going to go fly but I hope this is not the culprit of all the g3d.dll errors meaning of course the plane sir . LoL . these trials and tribulations are part of the hobby and overcoming them is half the fun . good eving to you .

Did you get that error when installing Cushman? The scenery doesn't do anything to the default aircraft - doesn't touch them at all - so it shouldn't have had anything to do with what you're writing about.

did a repair from my dvd got the maule back but I still get a message on the splash screen saying there are multiple maule 207 and when I check the location there is only one ! ? will it hurt to try and rename the maule folder.. ?

I

did a repair from my dvd got the maule back but I still get a message on the splash screen saying there are multiple maule 207 and when I check the location there is only one ! ? will it hurt to try and rename the maule folder.. ?

Are you sure the error isn't saying there are multiple versions of the Maule with the same name? You might look at the Maule's aircraft.cfg and see if more than one of the entries for repaints has the same title. FSX doesn't like that. If you find a duplicate, you can rename it in the cfg file rather than reinstalling anything.

I

Are you sure the error isn't saying there are multiple versions of the Maule with the same name? You might look at the Maule's aircraft.cfg and see if more than one of the entries for repaints has the same title. FSX doesn't like that. If you find a duplicate, you can rename it in the cfg file rather than reinstalling anything.

Bill That is what i deduced However I have no repaints just the default Maule any way checking the planes config file I noticed they all had paint 1 paint 2 and so on be hind the names and the last one did not have the paint and # behind it so I added paint 6 and solved the problem. I have no Idea how this happened but I am glad it is not happening now. so thanx for the advice and I can happily say RESOLVED :D

Bill That is what i deduced However I have no repaints just the default Maule any way checking the planes config file I noticed they all had paint 1 paint 2 and so on be hind the names and the last one did not have the paint and # behind it so I added paint 6 and solved the problem. I have no Idea how this happened but I am glad it is not happening now. so thanx for the advice and I can happily say RESOLVED :D

As a follow up I just want every one to know this was a misguided inquiry ..... after some more investigation this error was caused by the legends of flight dc-3 update patch something to do with the utility the give tha has the ability to substitute the default tow plane maule with the dc-3 tug any thought I would let every one know this was not Orbx problem. :)

Archived