Have downloaded but cant see new scenery

Hi all...have FSX running on Vista. Have been through the other topics here and done what has been suggested but still not working. I downloaded the Australia link and see it all in the Orbx folder in flight sim. I know it is probably something small I have missed but its frustrating the hell out of me. Eventually I will buy the entire OZ package but I want to see how it runs on this PC first. Can someone give me any tips here please?

Scotty :blink:

Hmm ... what exactly have you downloaded?

The demo (Tasmania) is available here:

/>http://fullterrain.com/product_demos.html

The other downloads are freeware fields from

/>http://fullterrain.com/freeware.html

(these will require manual activation in the FSX Scenery library)

Ian..im not very PC savvy. I have saved a screen shot on to a word doco but cant see how to attach it so you can see it.

Have run FTX Central and selected Australia and applied. It did come up there was an error with FTX trees. I unselected trees and applied and it was ok.

Cant see why this is not working.

This comes up:

Custom Files Validation Report

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_ChestnutMaple_FA.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_ChestnutMaple_SP.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm_FA.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm_HW.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm_SP.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_CottonwoodElm_WI.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_MesquiteOlive.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_MesquiteOlive_FA.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_MesquiteOlive_HW.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_MesquiteOlive_SP.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_MesquiteOlive_WI.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_OakSycamore.dds

FSX file does not exist.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture\veg_Broadleaf_OakSycamore_FA.dds

FSX file does not exist.

Remember that FTX Australia does not include Airport upgrades ... so what you need to be looking at are the surrounding areas.

YMHB will be pretty much default.

Take off and see whether the surrounding Land looks different.

Also (from memory) there is only one season in the demo .. so read the documentation and make sure that you are flying at the correct time of year.

Hi Ian...ok maybe im comparing it to VOZ when I had that? I recall with that there were many more planes moving around and building etc. With this I see no difference at the airport. If I buy the full Aust pack does this have that stuff too or not?

Scotty

FTX is landclass, texture and vector scenery.

AuMesh (free) adds terrain detail

There are numerous add-on airports (Free and Payware) but not all.

The addition of OZx brings another (about 300+ fields from memory) ... many done to a high standard, and the number is also growing.

Oh my god!...I got it! It was the not having the season set to Spring! Just went through and adjusted the settings to your recommendations in the manual and its amzing! Going to buy the full version now.

Thanks guys for persisting!

Scotty

Archived