Queenstown

kcgb

Just wondering if the FTX NZQN will be based on the version before the Rugby World Cup or the upgrades that they are doing too the airport at the moment for the Rugby World Cup. My fathers working at the airport at the moment and He has said they are enlarging the apron to accomendate more private jets, putting in or are going to add runway lights(cant remeber if its been done yet) going to seal the Grass runway(has been delayed till after the world cup) and they have dug out a new Heavy duty taxiway. You can see them working at this site.

/>http://www.queenstownairport.co.nz/facilities/webcam/

he's been ring me asking were the privat jets are from the lateest on was HS-KCS

Given that Orbx developers use the latest available aerial photos for airport textures, if the aerial photos have this detail, then the ground textures probably will. But then they use actual photos from around the airport and these would show any new developments as they would likely be more current, so in this case, perhaps the aerial images (if they are older) may need to be manipulated to show the current changes going on at the airport, or new images sourced to show them.

Could be a tricky little issue in that case, but I'm sure something would be worked out, and most Orbx products show their airports in their current state at time of release so Queenstown may not be too different.

Archived