FTX Portland (PNW + City Freeware) is a great demo

whitav8

I just wanted to report that I have moved from using FlyTampa Hong Kong to FTX Portland (PNW + Freeware Downtown) for both Image Realism and performance demos. It seems amazing that with a 980x or 2600K CPU and a NV580, this area with Extremely Dense Settings (but no AI traffic) + SbuilderX static aircraft at KPDX (and downtown helipads), I get the following performance - frame rate set at unlimited for test but then use Vsync and framerate limiting for 60fps or so for actual smooth frame flying performance :

1) Single Head - 1920x1080 monitor 100-110 fps

2) Matrox Th2Go - 3 monitors at 1680x1050 Full Screen Single View - Zoom = .7 (maybe 60 degrees FOV) - 100 fps

3) Matrox TH2Go - 3 monitors at 1680x1050 - 3 undocked views with Zooms at .33 Center, .7 side views for over 200 degrees FOV - 40 fps

The image realism during the day is the best I have ever seen in a flight simulator especially just over downtown. I like to fly from KPDX in a helicopter to downtown and then over to Hillsboro. Anyway, congratulations on such amazing scenery and thanks so much for an example downtown that is so fast and so accurate. I know that you have done the research but it is too bad that default Seattle downtown scenery isn't anywhere close (I know you are working on it) but perhaps because they also have three major airports near (KSEA, KBFI, and KPAE) which causes more CPU usage.

Thanks for the tremendous products!

Archived