Proof that FSX-GA Traffic Works

Old Archie

FSX-GA Traffic program does work as long as you remove any other traffic bgl's from the .../World/Scenery folder.  I'm hoping Mal's FTX AI Traffic will run nicely alongside this great little freeware GA Traffic program.

Posted Image

This is out of Coff's on a hazy winters day, you can see in the views section that there is a few AI GA aircraft in the area already

Do a search at Flightsim or just in google for  'fsxgarc2.zip'.  Remember..... read the instructions first, deselect all airports, then reselect ONLY the Australian header folder, otherwise it will generate traffic files for the entire world (and take hours to do so I assume).  In the aircraft tab it will select ALL your aircraft installed in FSX (even your payware aircraft) that are under 14000 kgs in weight (you can up this if you want, I have mine set at 30000 kgs so it selects my Dash-8 aircraft), it will render these 'as is' in the game, so you may want to experiment using the 'make-ai' function, where it copies the payware aircraft and resizes the textures down to under 1.5mb and uses a default air file, this is great except it does not always work on payware aircraft, but try it out and see, it only copies the files, it does not modify the original aircraft at all.  Anyway, have fun with it, and it does work.  ;)

OK, fixed, I downloaded a little program by Michael Heise at AVSIM which had a number of traffic tools, one of which was a bgl converter, so I ran it and now I get my Aussie WOAI sets (Qantas, Jetstar and Virgin) as well as the FSX-GA aircraft, I'm a happy camper!  ;)

Over YSSY with the International concourse full of Qantas and long haul Jetstar, and LOADS of GA traffic.  I found it easier to use AIFPC (google it) to update each of my Aussie WOAI bgl files to FSX compatible, once done I now get all my Aussie AI Traffic as well as the FSX-GA traffic as well, my skies are full, roll on Mal's Aussie traffic pack!

Posted Image

Archived