Lancair problem

JanTenner

Hey there,

I have a problem with the Orbx Lancair and for I think it is not a software problem but a user mistake I put it here instead of the support forum.

My problem is that sometimes after flying a while at 8000 feet (havent flew higher yet) the manifold pressure is going down. It starts slowly but then it is tending to zero fast. All pressures and temperatures are green. Only fuel flow drops. I have changed the mixture with height and got this problem with and without fuel pump. The manifold pressure went up after a short time but I dont know if it is because of time or because I got deeper.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong? I havent found anything in the handbook.

P.S.: I did fly within parameters given for flight states

Maybe you are experiencing the icing feature of FSX. Just guessing though since your description follows my experience with some planes.

A slight descent will give you back your power and you may break through that icing layer when coming back with a proper engine and some speed to climb above it.

Here's a chart which helps to determine the possibility for icing to occur. This was a helpful post from someone in the Katana forums.

Posted Image

You can do some test flights with all weather cleared to verify this assumption of mine.

Archived