On Marks suggestion ....

Gurdy

Mark suggested the following trip, check out some of the new Ozx airfields....

"You may want to try Killiecrankie, Palana and Lady Barron on Flinders Island before you island hop via Cape Barren Is, Passage Is, Clarke Is and Swan Is to Bridport, Georgetown and Launceston."

So I set off about 10 this morning from YFLI Flinders Island aerodrome, turning north to Killiecrankie and Palana strips.

Leaving YFLI

Posted Image

Touch and Go at Killiecrankie strip YKCK

Posted Image

Flying over Palana ...

Posted Image

I then turned south, flying back over YFLI and then on to do a low pass over Lady Barron YLDB airstrip before continuing on to Cape Barren Island YCBN where I decided to stop for a bit of morno's (morning tea for the non-ozzies).

Low pass over Lady Baron....

Posted Image

I forgot to take my camera out at Cape Barren Island as I was having a little snooze in the sun. So now it was time to do some island hopping. I was goiing to head east to Passage Island YPSI, then southwest to Clarke Island YCKD and a short hop to Swan Island . I decided on Touch and goes at Clarke and Swan Islands.

Passing over Passage Island...

Posted Image

Touch and go at Clarke Island

Posted Image

Touch and go at Swan Island ... this took a bit of effort to clear the trees at the end as I only had 300m...

Posted Image

I then embarked on the 37nm trip to Bridport YBDP, where I thought I would stop for a late lunch. If only I knew what was coming....

On final to Bridport

Posted Image

Damn one touch and go too many....

Posted Image

Yep, looks like all the touch and goes took their toll on the nose gear. It collapsed as I lowered the nose and I became an expensive plow. Needless to say, I am waiting on a new plane to arrive so I can continue on....

Archived