AMD to INTEL

Hello All, (for your info JV),

Well, after 8 years with AMD, and swithching to INTEL, I am glad to say that the switch was wallet damaging, but the cook gave me the all clear. LOL. After meeting John and some of the other guys from the ORBX team at the Avalon Air Show this year, I was chatting with John about my specs and he strongly suggested to change to Intel. Hmmmm. Well happy to say that I have taken JV's advice, and it is the best thing I have ever done.

I was amazed as to the difference opposed to running the AMD Phenom 965 3.2 black edition. There is no doubht that Intel certainly have excedded themselves when it comes to the Sandy Bridge Core.

My switch was from a AMD rig : Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 AM3, Phenom II X4965 to Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 LGA1155, Intel i7 2600K Sandy Bridge 3.40GHz. My new specs are in my profile.

I am now convinced that after making the change, that all of my ORBX products are running at optimal performance and it was worth every penny. Thankyou John for pointing this out to me. LOL. Oh, my wife has your picture. LOL.

Anyway I just wanted to share my personal experience with a major upgrade with more benefits than you need. FSX runs flawlessly, and all is smooth flying here WWWHHHOOOO. Oh, KCMW is just amazing guys. Thanks for another amazing product.

Regards

Sam

Hello flyingblind,

It has been amazing to see such a massive difference when it comes to quality. Intel is by far a much more stable environment to run with FSX.

Crikeys, even wnen running default settings, it looks much better. anyways, thanks for reading my post.

Regards

Sam

Hey All,

Yes it does have turbo boost and its awesome. CPU-Z shows CPU load @ 4.1 ghz, and I have not even started yet. Amd is still an awesome CPU and that is awesome how you have OC'ed your Phenom. Anyways, I am happy and just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks All

Regards

Sam

Archived