An idea. your thoughts?

Turnip

I am considering taking my second drive which is an IDE ( 1st one is SATA ) and reinstalling XP. I using VISTA now on the SATA. Do you thing that by reinstalling FSX and FTX on the XP drive that I will get rid of more stutters or get better performance? I figure I can boot to what ever drive (OS) I want to, flying in XP and using the VISTA boot as my main OS.

Your thoughts?

I run FSX on Vista now and have not noticed any stutters at all. By all means, give it a go but I'm not sure it will make that much of a difference. But then, I'm only guessing based on my limited experience so don't quote me on it ;). I guess it can't hurt since you're using a second drive. It's not like you're busting your main OS.

Really ... I haven't told you anything at all have I  ::)

Good morning Turnip! I have my PC dual-booting into XP & Vista. I recently installed a SATA drive to function only as a "flightsimming" HDD. It has worked brilliantly! I boot into XP & run FSX from the new drive. I really don't suffer from any noticable stutters & would recommend XP as the operating system of choice. I did a comparison between XP & Vista (I do like Vista!) but XP won out hands down. Confirming this are the great number of articles in PC User & the like, all of whom (at present anyway) vote XP as the "gaming OS of choice". Mind you, this is only my opinion, I'm sure you'll get lots more! Good luck with it!  ;D P.S. I also run FS 2004 ('cause I still like it!) from the same HDD & frame rates are in the 90's with all slider maxxed out. So good news all round. Cheers!

Archived