Iris Simulations F-22 Raptor is out!

ggerman

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know where the Iris support takes place now?

The old website is very, very basic, the new one is under construction and the forums were closed as this spam attack (I think that it was such a thing) came up. Months ago.

They are active, no doubt, as the new release shows, but I really want to avoid signing up to this data mining Facebook for just asking about that small problem on the very cool Micro-Jet for example.

Their forum was nice and easy and I've posted there quite some time ago. Now I was up to look for an answer again (last check was "closed forums due to spam attack") and couldn't even make out if there is any support opportunity now. :-[

Maybe I'm missing something though.

Such a nice little plane. Just the altimeter setting doesn't show up correctly.

Thanks, Phil.

Sad fact it seems. Maybe I can catch some email adress or something. It's really only a small issue on the neat BD5, so it may well be that Facebook only from them leads to 'live with it' on my side.

I would wish for a forum section for Iris products in one of the major forums like this one or the ones from OZx. Would be much better than the Facebook thing and Jay would be the master of the forums, shown to work well and kicking out all the spam bots of the world. Personal viewpoint of course, my Facebook avoidance policy. :)

CoolP

Regards the Altimeter setting.

About a year ago a guy in Africa who was using my F-111 panel commented that the default Cessna

altimeter setting was only in imperial ( inches ) and that they use metric locally.

I made an instrument for him that enables the imperial/metric to be toggled and displayed as a

digital readout.

Below is a screenshot.

If this is what you are after and you are able to add instruments to a panel , then I could upload

it to a freeware site for you.

Cheers

Karol

Posted Image

That's a nice tip there, Karol. Very welcome.

As said, that bug on the speedy BD5 is very small. It actually shows both measurement units at the same time, but mixes up the numbers of the millibars. So you are seeing "1300" when "1013" should be there for example.

That gauge is a good idea though, I have some tables with me when ATC throws e. g. QFE settings on me when using planes with only one measured unit.

If they say QNH, I often go the easy way, which is "B". But thanks again for the input of yours.

Archived