Australian aviation mags

lthendrix

another distinguished gentleman such as myself that I know from work has the advantage of having a former Sheila as a wife . The recently went back to OZ and he was kind enough to pick me up a nice Sydney beer coozie along with two aviation mags ... Flying (Australia) and Australia aviation.As I flipped through the mags I noticed a difference right off. But the thing that made me want to type to y'all about it

is the fact that on page 76 of Flying Australia there is a regular installment called flight sims ..!! this is not part of the USA Flying mag publication. and I was amazed to see the author Dave Tonks talk about the Quest Kodiak...and I coulda sworn the scenery in a picture at YBOA was of the ORBX type . any how it is nice to see flight sim in an aviation mag and not just a mag dedicated to such...flight sim i mean . :lol: Oh yeah the afore mentioned mag has A right up about the Avalon air show in it ..

I read Australian Flying, it's a great little mag and not a very big hit to the wallet at all... a 2 year, 12 issue subscription is about $80 or from memory about $7.50 or so at the newsagent. In fact, I seem to remember reading a letter in a copy a couple of months ago from a certain John Bosch as he pondered where to continue his flight training...

Cheers,

Derek

Australian Aviation is better

Yeah, has all of the information around Australia, has all of the VIP jets(hey, maybe Iain will get a VIP jet too! :D )that come here, and GA and aircraft coming and leaving the register.

AJC

Archived