Brand New VOZ 737-800!

qantas747

Hey Guys,

Today, the 15 of march 2011 I was fortunate enough to travel on Virgin Blue's latest Boeing 737-800. Today was it's first day of service, it had no paint job, a new interior and no branding what so ever!!!!

The flight was from Melbourne (YMML) to Sydeny (YSSY). It had decent legroom to the normal VB 738s, and you will be able to see the aircraft in the pictures below. Also it had the new sky lighting, or what ever they call it, just likewhat QANTAS will be getting. Sorry for the bad quality, I took it from my iphone. What made it even better is that I was able to go in the cockpit after the flight.

P.S. For all the AFL fans out there, this was the flight in which the Geelong Cats were flying on to their game in Sydney. Also I saw a man on top of his blue holden ute taking pictures of the aircraft, just let me know if it was you!!!!

Now for some pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks,

Ollie

I flew on one of VB's new 738's back in January or last October cant remember which one, It was the planes 2nd revenue flight and to my surprise it hadn't been fitted with the IFE!!! all i got on my 4hrs Perth - Sydney flight was 12 standard radio stations!!!! aaaahhhhh!!!

It was the final straw with VB and now refuse to fly with anyone but Qantas for a 3hr + flight!!

Nice pics btw :)

Yeah that must suck, now they have the A330 for the Sydney-Perth flight, which will have full IFE systems, and if you have the money a business class not just premium ecconomy.

My dad has to take that route every fortnight because of his work, he says that only 30% or so of the time do the QANTAS planes have IFE systems.

Thanks for your reply,

Ollie

Supprised that not many people seem to know, but Virgin Blue are getting an A330-200 in which they are only goin to use on their Syd-Perth route for the time being. I think I saw it at YMML this morning, it is going to have a full IFE system, new business class seats which are like the Qantas domestic in a 2-3-2 configuration and I don't know about a meal service, it is a big step forward for VB.

Yeah I guess that they are too bad for an iPhone.

Thanks,

Ollie

Sorry forgot to add, I talked to the pilot and he said that they are still deciding what livery to paint it in. So it sounds like they are making a new paint scheme, or it will be a logo jet.

Sorry forgot to add, I talked to the pilot and he said that they are still deciding what livery to paint it in. So it sounds like they are making a new paint scheme, or it will be a logo jet.

The new aircraft to the fleet are all white because Virgin Blue, Pacific Blue, Polynesian Blue and V Australia are all intending to relaunch shortly with a new brand and name. Many think it will be call "Virgin Australia". There are some legal complexities using the Virgin name for the international routes that delayed the rebranding, but it seems that is now sorted and I think they will relaunch with the new name soon. Virgin Blue has already changed the inflight menu (added more upmarket items to the previous snacks etc) and the lounges @ Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne are all currently having major upgrades as part of the relaunch.

The new aircraft to the fleet are all white because Virgin Blue, Pacific Blue, Polynesian Blue and V Australia are all intending to relaunch shortly with a new brand and name. Many think it will be call "Virgin Australia". There are some legal complexities using the Virgin name for the international routes that delayed the rebranding, but it seems that is now sorted and I think they will relaunch with the new name soon. Virgin Blue has already changed the inflight menu (added more upmarket items to the previous snacks etc) and the lounges @ Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne are all currently having major upgrades as part of the relaunch.

Thanks mate, I had no idea about that. I have heard about them having some difficulities in getting international flights, especially with V Australia, like the Sydney to Nadi route.

Thanks,

Ollie

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out, that this aircraft is going to be the first 737 repainted in the new 'Virgin Australia' livery, along with an Airbus A330 for the opening ceremony. Thanks to Jackson. S for the info.

Ollie

Archived