AI traffic

Guest GaryVH-GJB

Guest GaryVH-GJB

I recently had ultimate traffic installed but have removed it...now I don't have even the default AI traffic showing....I moved the traffic sliders up and down but showed no difference...

Can anyone shed some light on what I may or may not have done.  ???

Gary VH-GJB

Canberra

Hi Gary,

I am pretty sure that ultimate traffic has messed up your default traffic.bgl, probably just renamed it and "forgot" to re-rename it after uninstall. So you will have to find it, rename it "traffic.bgl" again, then you should have all the default craft again. Also, installing FS9-style traffic (maybe as part of some scenery) will void the FSX traffic, which can also look as you describe.

I have a long history with setting up MyTrafficX (which I nevertheless recommend wholeheartedly!), and I know that it's terrible business to mess with AI traffic. Worst case try to "repair" FSX with its installer. But beware - it will also "repair" some settings you'd rather keep. I did it however once or twice as a last measure instead of re-installing, and so far it kept my add-on sceneries untouched and saved me a lot of time. Backup first!

Google a little for traffic.bgl to see where it is supposed to be before you do anything complicated!

Best regards

Manuel

Archived