General Aviation AI program

rjbrown7

I enjoy General Aviation aircraft and flying in and out of rural and small town airports.  The FTX freeware (r.i.p.) was a fantastic gift to the Flight sim community and I am sure it will be reborn to even greater levels.  The FTX scenery payware is quite simply the best on earth.  When I obtain a computer that has the processing power to handle it I will gladly pay for a General Aviation AI program where I can easily set up high levels of traffic at the rural and small town airports even if its unrealistic. 

For example when I was a kid my Dad would pile us in the Stinson and head to a small airport for a Sunday pancake breakfast and flyin.  There would be 50 plus airplanes coming and going in and out of this dinky little strip.  I would love to easily recreate that enviroment by just selecting a starting Airport and clicking "FLYIN" . 

A program called GA traffic by Mark Brunner has possibilitys but I couldn't get it to do what I wanted, but not sure if it was me or the program.  Anyway I personally am not expecting anyone to produce a GA traffic program for free distribution I would much rather a company put out a great product with easy to set up parameters and sell it for a fair price. 

Roy

Roy,

I have GA Traffic too, and I find it to be pretty good! Persevere with it a bit, I think it a very worthwhile add-on! I did get a couple of weird setups, where I forgot to "untick" some AI boat traffic that the GA programme had found, and ended up with a cruiser doing loop-the-loop at Canberra!

Be aware that many of the freeware airports won't get traffic 'cause they don't have an AFCAD (or whatever the FSX thing is!). You can make them though, there are freeware and payware airport editors. Not really savy with them in FSX myself, I used to use a programme by the great Lee Swordy in my old FS2002.

I think ORBX still have some good things in store, Airline/GA Traffic, we can hope it is getting near!

Archived