Dmrich's Smooth Island con't..

dmrich28

This landing is really tough in the dark so I added a strip to go between on the top of bright direction light for line up and also a few yellow caution lights

right on the water line so I know to keep right of them. Any higher than this and you won't stop in time with the Mooney.

What do you think?? too much??

And please give me ideas/suggestions, I love doing this type of stuff.

Another question..is there any way to turn off the dome lights but keep instruments??  I saw an earlier post but was never really answered..

Night shot

Posted Image

Same day shot

Posted Image

Dave

A proposal picture that the township wants me to consider to increase tourism to the the Hotel and make it easier to ship livestock in and out with trucks instead of boat.

I told them at this moment it looks really nice but I'd hate at this time to ruin the mostly peaceful times we have here with the big spenders who come in for their weekend stays with their own aircraft and boats without the problem of putting a car lot etc in.

They thanked me for my time and said they really liked what I've done with the island and said for me to take a look at a couple of places up in the Main land that may be available.

On that note the council also warned me there is a good chance of many people from some "strange" group in the area who were huge followers of a group strangely called "Orbx" were also on the lookout for grabbing land throughout the areas..at this point they only hinted at their codes of "Blue" and "Gold" and were very exciting about opening up the region of "Green" in the near future to take over..

I said my goodbyes and asked if they ever came across these people who want land, just to post something here stating intentions so wars don't break out    8)

I laugh at myself sometimes..

Dave

oh ya..the pic.

Posted Image

Wow..I don't even get a chance to gather my thoughts and I pick up a paper showing these 2 looking around an area somewhere 30 or so miles west of Taree..wasn't my people?

Posted Image

I'm getting tired of the town with their stupid proposals to help increase revenue in the area.

Like come on! A holding area for sharks?!? What is this an amusement park??

I left storming out back to the island to figure out my brown-out electrical problems..more important things to do than

babysit Great Whites  :)

Posted Image

Dave

As the construction has been on going I thought to myself, before I go any farther, maybe I should read the fine print on the

property deed in case there are any historic landmarks that need to remain untouched..

So I found the paper in the back of the Mooney and this is what it said...

Posted Image

Ok, not much I can't do except for leaving the original jetty and a chimney that was left from the old original house

Real shot

Posted Image

My attempt so far...kinda get limited with objects and what Instant Scenery can do  (still looks ok imo)

Posted Image

Chimney real

Posted Image

Chimney sim..

Posted Image

Where can I get MORE objects to play with??

Dave

Well after talking with the electrician in charge, he finally got the power situation figured out

Posted Image

They told me when I bought there were a lot of birds on the island..these one always seem to gather at these rocks for some reason

Posted Image

Dave

Where can I get MORE objects to play with??

You can download the Runway 12 Object libraries from avsim:

rwy12_lib1_v1.2.zip

rwy12_lib2_v1.2.zip

rwy12_lib3_v1.2.zip

and any others that are avaliable for Runway 12 and move them into FSX and they should be avaliable within IS.

However, if you use those objects and then wish to share the scenery, others will have to have those libraries installed as well.

I can now understand why stuff takes so long to produce..this is just me hacking away with object placement on 1 island..( a bit more detailed but still...)

Anyways this is the "perfect" approach" which is RARE.  It's easy in a scout and beaver but you have to bleed so much speed to stop in time.

line up here, clear the yellow lights which is water, and have full brakes by 2 red lights just past.

Makes Ceres a cakewalk.  But then again I'm the idiot landing a Mooney on a island with a hanger scraping my left tip and hills on the right.

Lovin' this stuff.  Dave

Posted Image

Archived