Real life flight I made flying from Chiliwack around the Cascades (video)

steve31000

This flight originated in Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada close to the U.S. border and the North Cascades National Park. The route took us over Harrison Lake and up through Golden Ears National Park. Pretty hair rasing stuff flying so close to the mountain tops as you can see in the video! The light aircraft we were flying in was Piper Cherokee and a pretty old one at that. Our pilot was very skilled though as you have to be flying around mountains. I made the flight with my girlfriend, and Rick from these forums (aka crazysundog). We had a blast. This video just shows part of the flight. I'll upload the full flight including take-off and landing in the near future with some great views over harrison lake and towards Hope.

Cheers

Steve

AMAZING!!!! I'll be honest,I think I'd have been very nervous in that plane,I'd need something with at least 2 engines flying that close to mountains and that terrain.

Incredible video,Thx for posting!

I love when people post these video's from ORBX scenery! Inspires me to do the flight at home.

Thanks! Looked like a great time. Was it bumpy? I see some fluffy stuff out there.

Could you do us a favor and build this route in Plan-G?

Charles.

I love when people post these video's from ORBX scenery! Inspires me to do the flight at home.

Thanks! Looked like a great time. Was it bumpy? I see some fluffy stuff out there.

Could you do us a favor and build this route in Plan-G?

Charles.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. It was bumpy when landing but over the mountains was suprisingly calm on that day.

I have just tried to build a flight plan on plan-g but for some reason it crashed my computer. I will install the newer version and try again. In the meantime, if you fly up over harrison lake and head towards Golden Ears Provincial Park. I can't remember the name of that peak that we flew close to. Anybody recognise it?

Cheers

Steve

Steve

Great video - thank goodness NO musak!!

The peak could be Wilson, Ratney, Nicoman, Bardean or Alouette as they are  the prominet peaks in that area.

It'll be great to see the flight plan and the rest of the video

Regards

pH

Archived