FTX AU SP4 - Awestruck!

freddy

I have had FTX AU for a long time now, having purchased and installed the SP3 CD-ROM ages ago from PC Aviator.  Recently I downloaded SP4 and installed that.  I used to fly a mix of big iron and general aviation, trying to get something like equal time on both.  However, recently, I have only flown the big-iron.  All over Australia; flying from Capital city to large regional centre.  I'd guess the last few months or so have purely been big iron.  No small stuff.

But, tonight, I decided to take the default FSX Cessna along for a little VFR flight from the Gold Coast (YBCG) to Maroochydore (YBMC) and then on to Hervey Bay (YHBA).

I must say I was absolutely awe-struck!  After flying the big iron for so long and not doing any GA, I had obviously forgotten just how good this scenery is!  I am sure that the new SP4 was also helping to enhance my experience.  In fact, I was so taken in by the brilliance of it all that the emotions almost had me in tears (of amazement); such was the sensory overload.  The coastline, the built-up areas, the waterways, the inlets, everything.  And landing in Hervey Bay at sunset, with all the roads, cars, street lights, buildings and the true feeling of really actually "being there", simply left me breathless and speechless.  Wow!

I know it has been said before ... and time and time again ... but to all the hard working folks at ORBX, thanks!  Your work is simply fantastic.

Hi

Yeah, i know what you mean, Recently i was spending more time with my A320 and not using GA but now i've been using the Sierra quite a bit. I like using the Airbus but tend to miss alot 30+000 feet up so its good to get into something smaller and see the Orbx detail. But i tend to go through phases with it all. Next month i could be back above the clouds.

Regards

Si

Have to say agree with you totally on the new SP4 detail, particularly around the coastline and inlets. The mountain ranges have also seen a massive improvement IMO. It is becoming increasingly difficult to ascend any further than 2000 - 3000 feet as it just looks brilliant!

Archived