KORS crashing

Izzii

KORS is crashing when I load it at dusk, Dawn or night I've also noticed that there is no hard winter effect during snow :'(

Also found that a recorded flight crashes even recorded during the day hours

First time I've posted I hope I got my Sig correct

Hi Izzii, welcome to the forums,

One of the KORS devs should be better able to assist with the crashes than me, some info of your computer specs will assist them

As for the hard winter effect, have you tried flying in January?

Photoreal cannot change to hardwinter automatically when the 'Winter wonderland' weather theme is selected, or with real world weather containing snow, but we are able to program it to change with the seasons

Cheers

Tim

I've narrowed the issue down a little more... If I use the helipad as a starting point I can load KORS at dawn the moment I turn my head left FSX crashes.

I reinstalled KORS several times and noticed the install lagging for long peirods,  I then spent some time looking at the scenery directory and wondering if my directory was complete.. does KORS come with a DLL textreflow file for example?

I've narrowed the issue down a little more... If I use the helipad as a starting point I can load KORS at dawn the moment I turn my head left FSX crashes.

I reinstalled KORS several times and noticed the install lagging for long peirods,  I then spent some time looking at the scenery directory and wondering if my directory was complete.. does KORS come with a DLL textreflow file for example?

You look to the North which is open sea ?

No it doesn't install the texture flow DLL. Could you please (in the scenery library) un-tick (disable) all other airport addons in the PNW area except KORS. Also OzX and eventually other addons like birds for PNW.

There are duplicate afcads. PNW05 scenery has an afcad file, and so does the KORS addon scenery folder. But the problem is, there are no parking spots in the KORS scenery folder?? The afcad is messed up

Looks like something went wrong there - you should only have one APX file for KORS (ORBX_KORS_APX.BGL in the KORS scenery folder). Could you please try and remove the other APX manually and then re-install KORS (just to make sure that all required files are there and healthy).

Hope this will fix the problem.

Looks like something went wrong there - you should only have one APX file for KORS (ORBX_KORS_APX.BGL in the KORS scenery folder). Could you please try and remove the other APX manually and then re-install KORS (just to make sure that all required files are there and healthy).

Hope this will fix the problem.

The problem isn't in the KORS scenery folder, it's in the PNW05scenery folder, there is a KORS afcad file. It has all the correct parking spots. But the afcad in the KORS scenery folder only has 1 parking spot and just a lot of strange taxi lines

Okay so I removed the afx file from the KORS scenery folder. I then put the orbx_kors_apx.bgl file and its _cvx.bgl file from the PNW05scenery to KORS scenery folder. Everything seems to be running better now. No crashing so far. But I assume the default apx file is going to overlap some more default textures.

No that's wrong - the first one is supposed to be the correct APX. Remove the second one (second picture).

You see only one parking spot on the KORS folder APX ? Also when you zoom in (those are smaller green circles)? View parking enabled ? When you set AI traffic to 100% you have only one aircraft there ?

• 2 months later...

I finally got around to doing some investigating and found the culprit ORBX_KORS_PLC_rwy_lights.bgl

Removed it from the scenery folder and I have KORS in all it's glory at night .... well all but the runway lights

I tried used the the light tool but it still crashes :( Well it's a start and at least I can fly there now :)

• 3 years later...

Archived