Account won't stay logged in anymore

Rockitglider

OK  Log OUT and shut down your browser,

For  IE if you go to the Tools, Internet Options, and then the Cache option and clear it ( remember this DOES NOT clear the cache entirely) some files are hidden by the OS and won't be removed.

Fire Fox is much simpler due to it's total lack of integration in the OS, Navigate to

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Your Profile\Cache

and DELETE the entire contents of this folder.

I wouldn't mind hazarding a guess that most issues are related to a new feature available to Internet Explorer Version 8 is the InPrivate securty mode. This consists of three features that are called: InPrivate Browsing, InPrivate Blocking, and InPrivate Subscription. When these are enables, IE8 will not save browsing and searching history, cookies, form data and password. In addition, it will AUTOMATICALLY clear the browser cache for you as well.

I suspect Chrome behaves in a similar fashion.

But this should help

Looking into the cache is generally helpful in many things, one of which can be downloading the videos which you can see in the temporary files of the cache. Or downloading recently viewed photos.

So a very small tip here on how to access Google Chrome’s cache -

Turn on “Show hidden files and folders†as sometimes a few files get hidden and can not be directly viewed.

After you turn that on, go to this location in your windows OS -

C:Documents and SettingsYOURUSERNAMELocal SettingsApplication DataGoogleChromeUser DataDefaultCache

If you are a multi-user windows user, then go to the folder having the user name of the one which you are logged in while browsing the cache.

You can delete the temporary files or they automatically go after a certain time.

I am having the same problem.

If I clear the cache as instructed will this clean other sites ability to log on and require input of username and passwords for everything regularly visited?

I am still confused.

Checked my firefox options, please see screenshot, looks like mine is set to clean itself each time I close down.

Should I check some more of these boxes - like broswer history?

Posted Image

I just unchecked active log ins perhaps that will fix the issue?

I am getting the same login issues, beginning about a week or so ago, as everyone else. I think this may have co-incided with MS monthly patching. MS patches are famous for unintended consequences. I haven't looked but has anyone researched February's patches. If I get a chance, I will do a little research. Used to do corporate desktop patching, there was always a certain amount of dread, even with testing!

Archived