install problem windows 7-64bit

gduguid

software seems to install ok but when i go to fsx central after the install - hit the north american button then apply I get an handling exception error and therein ends the process. what is happening here and how do i solve. ALSO BETWEEN PURCHASING SOFTWARE and getting it in mail i had to reinstall windows 7 and lost my order number which was saved on my computor thus it seems no support without order number. Blows me away. HELP Software purchased was Northern rockies US/CANADA and Pacific :-\  fjords

pc aviator . also purchase last night PNW from FSS as a download as opposed to boxed and interestingly enough it installed with no problems. the problems im having are with boxed versions of pacific Fjords and northern rockies purchased from pc aviator. they wont install. get this handling exceptionerror all the time which ends the process when you try and apply the North american button thing.

thanks for upgrading me to payware support. i did get my order info from PC Aviator -  and then trying to get error install message as previously described to add with order info for adding to my signature and then your support, this is what happened. I deleted both folders for the scenery from flight simulator and then reinstalled Pacific Fjords and low and behold it installed correctly including using the apply button and getting the check mark in the North america. I next tried to reinstall Northern Rockies but got a different message this time concerning a file blocking the install. I was able to track down and delete this file and the low and behold it to installed correctly-well almost. I now have all the scenery working in FSX BUT THE orbx button on the desktop doesnt work - says missing a cfg file. It seems by installing the download scenry for PNW somehow cleared a pathay for thxed scenry. incidently for the life of me i havnt been able to acertain where this signature thing is on the forum. is it somehow called something else underyour profile. anyway thanks for your attention and direction. i will keep looking for this signature thingy incase icant sort out the remaining problem.

this is the error message i was originally getting. someone else was having a similar problem an posted. same message i was getting..So I've installed SP4 and orbxlibs110215 and when I click on FTXCentral I get the following:

Unhandled exception error has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this message and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

D:\FS\fsx\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work\Images\btnPDF_Off.png.

FTXNRM FTX USA Canada - Northern Rocky Mountains  $44.95  1 $44.95 

FTXPF FTX USA Canada - Pacific Fjords  $44.95  1 $44.95

order id#15726

jan28,011

pc aviator

pc aviator . also purchase last night PNW from FSS as a download as opposed to boxed and interestingly enough it installed with no problems. the problems im having are with boxed versions of pacific Fjords and northern rockies purchased from pc aviator. they wont install. get this handling exceptionerror all the time which ends the process when you try and apply the North american button thing.

Archived