nvlddmkm error message? can't even start FSX now :(

dmrich28

I did.. and messed up badly MK. (again twice in 2 nights trying to fix something that was fine..all for 2 frames  lol)

ugh..after a little searching/tweaking etc, I think/hope it's solved.

Thanks for the direction

After shot  whew.. for now

Posted Image

Dave  ( wipes sweat..)

ditch those latest nvidia drivers mate, it crashed my system as well, went back to the previous 175.16 drivers and all ok again.  its a well known conflict between the 8800 series of cards and nvidia drivers, i thought they had it fixed with the 175.16lot, but then this latest release stuffed it all up yet again....  ::)

BTW, out of interest, is vsync working in the 175.16 driver set?  That's always been the hardest thing for me - even nHancer can't force vsync on many driver sets (for me, at least) so interested to know ...

Ty

Andrew

Interesting - alot of people having power-related problems.  My power supply, I knew, was on its last legs, and sure enough once the 175.19 drivers were installed my machine would shutdown completely and without notice within 10mins of firing up FSX.  Swapped out to a new (and very pretty) Zalman PSU and that stopped the shutdowns but graphical corruption and BSODs continued.  I guess the 175.19 set exposed a flaw in my hardware setup though it still looks like a flawed driver set to me given that moving to the 175.16 set has resulted in perfectly smooth operation ...

I've had this problem for a while now I have tried everything, uninstalling drivers, running drivercleaner.net, physically deleting nvidia folders and any file that sarts with NV in the system32 directory installing every known nvidia 64bit driver including beta ones. I can run in windowed mode but when I go fullscreen the monitor goes black and I get the "display driver nvlddmkm.sys has stopped and recovered" something like that, if you google "8800 nvlddmkm vista" you will find that thousands of people are having this issue. some say it's memory others say it's power and then you've got drivers and or vista but no one has the solution. Nvidia and microsoft have known about this conflict between the 8800 and windows vista for well over a year and have not done anything to resolve it. I think that Nvidia just wants all of us puppets that bought a 8800 to scrap it and buy their latest 9800 to put more money in their coffers, sorry for the longwinded whinge but I am one frustrated nvidia/vista64bit customer >:(

Don't apologise - Nvidia are not doing a good job with driver releases these days.  You have every right to feel aggrieved, especially when you shelled out big dollars for their hardware.  Some stock analysts are predicting Nvidia's failure in the near future based on their current roadmap and support vs ATI so hopefully they will get the message and make an effort to QA their drivers more thoroughly.

Archived