[ANSWERED] Adding my own AI Traffic to existig FTX

jblb2009

Hi

I have been doing some flights from Merimbula to Moruya lately and noticed there isnt any GA traffic at these airport so I have been trying to add my own custom AI flight's with no success. 

Any idea's on how to make this work.  I have been using AI flight planner 2.1, is this the best editor?

Thank John

Thanks for your reply.

I have actually managed to add a flight from Merimbula to Moruya and return but where I'm having the most truble now is the flight times.  I set the flight on AEST, local time for say 6am the first flight depart Merimbula and the return flight at 7am when I load it up in flight sim at 6am I use traffic boards to check the ai flight's and it say's that the flight at 6am is departing Moruya.  If I set the FS time to 4am thats when the first scheduled flight is departing Merimbula.

I can't get my head around the times, am i better off using UTC time and corresponding that with flight sims GMT?

John

You'll find that Microsoft screwed up the time zones for Australia in their Flight Sim series. They have a time change of one hour somewhere between Sydney and Melbourne. It's possible that Merimbula is on the wrong side of that line and so will be out by one hour.

There are a couple of freeware packages around that correct these times but you need to know what you are doing to use them. If you want to try one, do a search on 'Time Zones'.

Archived