Youtube jaggies discovery- An aeroplane dream... Rev. A

shipdriver

I was pretty dissatisfied wth the aliasing introduced to my hi-def videos by Youtube. See this video thread http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=32151.0 for an example. After doing some research, I found that a lot of people had issues with 1080p files on Youtube. Below is the same video from the previous post with one difference- instead of uploading a 1080x1920 video clip, I rendered it at 1072X1920 and uploaded that. Notice the difference in picture quality- in particular, aliasing artifacts between the two versions. There is something wrong with how Youtube's transcoding processing deals with 1080p videos (I've tried both .mp4 and wmv) and uploading a video only a few pixels smaller yields much better results. So as a tip to FSX auteurs out there, upload a video size slightly less than 1080, rather than 1080.

Have you tried rendering in HDV? Also it might depend on what video editing package you are using. I use Sony Vegas and it let's me select a lot of processing options such as rendering quality. What video editing package are you using?

Cheers

Steve

I render to a variety of formats- mainly mp4 and wmv. The problem isn't the video rendered by my software (which is Corel X3). It always looks great. My only issues are that Youtube's processing output didn't look like my original video if I uploaded 1080p.  I found that by rendering to another size than 1080x1920 (even if the difference is minute), a better looking video resulted.

Archived