AI Not loading properly

realatp

Ok I have a weird problem. My AI will not load its Livery, Gear and Rudder until I'm like 200' close to it. It's almost like it's being done on purpose, I cannot figure out why. I have a GTX 480 card and this problem happens even when I'm getting like 40 FPS.

Thanks

Graham,

Thanks for the reply, no DX9. I have the latest nVidia Drivers + I set it up via nVidia Inspector and it's done from the information I've got from PMDG. I don't really have any other problem visually other then that. A plan will take off infront of me then about say 500' it will lose its wings, gear and livery. Very odd, but it doesn't happen using FSX default traffic nor any third-party addon Traffic.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue and been trying to find an answer to it.

At a distance all my ai traffic is white and there are no wheels, when I get closer to the aircraft it will all appear correctly.

Seem's there is a problem with the loading at a distance.  any idea's as to why this is happening.

I have FSX in DX9 and using FTX AU 3.02.

Thanks

This is a tough one. Try as I may, I have not been able to replicate this situation on my machine.

All the AI aircraft models used in the FTX AI pack are provided by scores of different developers and as it would seem you are experiencing this on all your AI, it would be safe to assume the problem is not model related.

One thing they do have in common is that the textures all have mips, separate texture sheets that are smaller the further you are from the aircraft. It is possible your system is not recognising the smaller mips or textures. Do you have any settings in your config. file that limits smaller textures from loading?

If you wish, I could give you a couple of non mipped textures to try and maybe we could then narrow that down as the issue.

I will continue research but as this does appear to be a localised problem, it is going to be hard to resolve.

Archived