Another nice review on the Lancair over at simflight.com

Acezboy

I'm curious and puzzled as to what wrong panel did I show?? ???

I put in a real world panel with a human story behind so that we could see the the Orbx model closely resembled the real world variant. ;) 

I was assured that it was a Lancair IV-P panel but then I could have misunderstood!! :D

Thank you all for your kind comments I'll be writing more ORBX/FTX reviews over the coming months!

Regards

PeterH

Acezboy

I'm curious and puzzled as to what wrong panel did I show?? ???

I put in a real world panel with a human story behind so that we could see the the Orbx model closely resembled the real world variant. ;) 

I was assured that it was a Lancair IV-P panel but then I could have misunderstood!! :D

Thank you all for your kind comments I'll be writing more ORBX/FTX reviews over the coming months!

Regards

PeterH

Hi Peter-

The Lancair VC & the airliner.net pictue you provided are different. Now I did a look on airliners.net and it does say its an IV-P cockpit - just different to the one ORBX used.

Acezboy

There were quite q few panels to choose from and I guess being a "kit" the configuration could be quite dfferent there was even one which was totall 'glass'.  I thoought that the ORBX VC was representative of the real deal - layout style, attention to detail, etc! ;)

Thanks again for your comments.

Regards

PeterH

Great review, Peter. I liked the comparison of real and simulator appearance, very good approach.

Maybe you could add the information about the upcoming SP since the lighting and stuff really gets enhanced with it and those changes are already confirmed by Jared. So the reader sees that the Orbx guys even make things better after they were released.

The Lancair construction manual leaves the panel layout completely up to the builder... Meaning that there are likely no two exact same panels in the world. Even the cut of the instrument panel shape is left to the discretion of the builder. Same goes for the rest of the interior!

I will ask Brian, (the RW owner of VH-LLW) if he is ok with myself providing Peter with a shot of the RW VH-LLW cabin to replace that one if it is that important ;)

But keep in mind, as someones private aircraft, a request for photographs to be published on the net can be an invasive query.

Archived