AU traffic 'hitching' FSX

JohnKnox

Since installing FTX AU traffic 3.01 I'm having 'hitching' or momentary pauses in FSX where for 1 - 1.5 seconds the screen goes black, I see the 'Loading air, sea etc traffic' percentage thingy then back into FSX . This happens ever 20-30 mins or so.  This is on a new machine i7@3.4  6GB RAM 480GTX.  I have the traffic sliders low, 20% airline, 10% GA and bugger all to 0 for boats/cars etc.

It just seems to be taking 'too long' to load traffic data.

Any ideas where to start to help improve this ?

TIA

John

• 4 weeks later...

Further to this, yesterday I noticed that these 'hitches' are the traffic AI restarting. In that every 15-20 mins or so all the traffic currently 'in the game' vanishes, and a new batch starts to evolve, carries on evolving for the next 15-20 mins then 'boof' all gone and a new lot starts.

Is this how 'traffic' (any traffic program not just FTX's) is supposed to work ??? ie  rinse and repeat every 20 mins or so ???  or shouldn't it just start when FSX is started and carry on and on and on evolving till my flight is finished ?

Yes with FSX default traffic too. I tested that soon as I noticed what was happening with the FTX Traffic.

The simplist way to express it is ; Traffic vanishes, then restarts every 15-20 minutes.

I believe it's been happening for weeks now, how I actually saw it was sitting in the (small) FTX control tower with I'd placed just to the side of Rwy 01 YBBN so I could just lazily watch all the lovely traffic for a change, meaning that I was actually noticing what was going on.

So I'm stumped, I don't know enough about how Traffic/AI works to fathom what might cause it to keep restarting

I do use REX2.0  FSX .... don't think it has such a setting ???

In my \Scenery\World\Scenery\  folder I have;

Traffic_Avalon.bgl

Traffic_Brisbane.bgl.OFF

Traffic_FTX Aust-NZ Airlines.bgl

Traffic_FTX GA Traffic.bgl

Traffic_FTX International Airlines.bgl

Traffic_Redcliffe.bgl.OFF

TrafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED-FOR-FTX-AI

trafficBoats.bgl

Does that look ok ?

Archived