Looking for MT King William III --Help !

Hi and hope someone out there can help...

(My mark one eyeball might be malfuctioning)

I have had a blast navigating all over the place to find and try out all the freeware airfields- great work by the way !!

BUT...I can't find MT King William III (Grass strip, approx 36nm East from Queenstown field in Tas, heading of 105. Elevation in 2250ft.

Can anyone out there find it and post the Lat and Long, just to put me out of my misery ?

Thanks heaps,

VFR Dave

Thanks for that Mark-  I've found it thanks to your hint ! 

I was looking more to the north west, on the other side of the ridge by about 10 klicks.

The markers in the guide are..ahem...not as accurate as I've been assuming...but getting there is half the fun.

I LOVE the curved and sloped aspect of many of the small strips.

Thanks again...  Is there any hint on when the AI pack for FTX will be released ?

VFR Dave

MtKWIII is actually easy-to-find compared to Waddamana. Mt King William III, TAS (YQNS104035) narrow bush strip, tower on MtKW to W

For Waddamana: depart Cambridge

Lagoon Bay YLAG, TAS (YCBG085021)             near beach S of white spit

Jericho YJCO, TAS (YLAG304041) 2nm N of L.Tiberias just over hill

Waddamana YWDM, TAS (YJCO273028) vineyard on hill, land NE, takeoff SW

I've flown straight past YWDM with it under my left wing and never seen it!  So there's a mobile phone tower there now to try and help.

I can't remember the directions MtKWIII>YWDM and reverse, but once found, mark them on your paper map, find bearings/distances and convert to Magnetic.

Thanks again Mark,

I'll try those directions today and see how I go....

Also.. I flew into Kalimna Field (Lakes Entrance), then on to Lakes Entrance itself this morning (VIC), and there appears to be a 'mound' of housing between both fields to the south near the beach suspended in mid-air.  I did not notice until I had dropped in below 2000 ft on either approach or departure.

Sorry I don't have a screen shot- not quite that proficient yet.

And I really enjoyed the flight from Mt Hotham NNW into Mt Beauty.  Landing to the north is a risky challenge as you skim the trees down the hill and try not to get wet in the dam.  (My nickname is Daredevil Dave)

VFR Dave ;D

Archived