[OT] Some shots from Gran Turismo 5

Jay Kae

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the  Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 completely done up of course, just make sure the 2J/D's or Toyota 7 does not start in front of you, make sure they start behind you and you should be able to win it, now, a Dodge Challenger 71 will work too but is harder to control, watch the first corner, make sure you get at least 2 or 3 places up and use the handbrake to slide her through that first one.

thanks for the heads up Jay. I too had the drama of not being able to shell how every many million for a mark IV or a 330 P4! I do recall seeing that lambo in my garage....i think it was a prize car if i'm not mistaken. didn't know that qualified for the race entry! will certainly give it a shot tonight! thanks again

Just in case fellas:

Aero - 20

Transmission - 137

LSD - 30/60/35

Ride Heights - -20/-19

Spring Rate - 12.5/13.5

Damp. Ext - 6/6

Damp.. Comp - 6/6

Roll Bars 5/5

Camber- 0/0

Toe- 0/0.20

Brakes - 6/8 (7/8 depending on your.. style)

Question about this game.  Can you load up any car and drive on any track right out of the box or do you have to earn your way up and unlock the good tracks and cars?  What interest me most are those dirt roads, driving in the rain andnight street racing that I've seen in their promo videos.

Yes, that is right, 20 million alright, took me long enough too, now to save up for the two Ferrari F1 models :)

I am level 33 A and 40 B for my Toecutter account

I am level 26 A and 40 B for my JayKae account

Got two accounts because  for some reason my Toecutter account will not connect to PSN :(

I think as Jay mentioned before the key is not to get behing the 2J vacuum cleaner or the toyota 7......otherwise, good luck catching them! Will have to try it again with that set up though.

well done on the 330 P4......she's a beauty. I just blew it all on the formula GT.......so i'm back down to just over 1 mil!

• 1 month later...

Finally got to level 30 (not much time to play with the baby around these days lol), but am not able to win that dang X2010.  My coworker got it but he said he played straight for 5 hours!  I seriously don't have that much time to put into the game in one session.  Ugh.  I guess my only options are to rank up bspec to 35 or wait until 40 a spec with 20 mil LOL

Still having fun in the game though.  Never could get that countach to win with the class championship.  I do love the Toyota Minolta 89 race car though!!  Yay!

I didn't win the classic championship yet....  >:(

Nor did I win the X2010  :-[

But I am playing the bspec a lot more now (ie letting it run in the background) so hopefully I can bspec to "Like the Wind" to get that Toyota 7 and try that for a spec :)

It's worth noting that with the latest patches, you can borrow cars that friends choose to share..

So if your struggling with an event, your friends can lend you there car, already setup for that event.

There are some restrictions, but this can be useful when you don't have the credits to get the car you want to another race in the game.. i.e. Borrow a Formula GT rather than spend millions on it.

Or alternatively try before you buy :)

drive a friends expensive car before you blow your hard earned credits on one.

Yes, as they say "... ye cannae change the laws of physics".. too much power, too fast, I could soften up the rear suspension.. but That brings other issues :)

It's a balancing game in the end, and the scales are not tipping in my favour with that version of the AMG :)

Archived