SplashScreens Help!

skkuda

Hi! Ive downloaded the OZxsplashscreen packages 1 & 2 from Aussie site but I have a problem:

I start MSFSx from FPS Limiter v2.0 shortcut rather than FSX shortcut and everytime that fsx starts always shows the same (the first) picture from this splashscreen packages...

Does any one of you know how to make it work from FPS Limiter shortcut so I can enjoy all the pics in this Splashscreen?

Thanks in advance

I never figured this out either, and it used to bug me.  I gave up and just picked the piccie I liked the most and set that as my splash.  Furthermore, if you point the FPS limiter to the splash randomiser file so you get random splashes, then the FPS limiter stops as soon as the randomiser has run, but before FSX launches.  Would love a workaround, but I couldn't be arsed figuring it out myself  :P

Skuda hi

to get fsx limiter and splash screens to work you need to run separate bat files. Below is my main bat file for fsx from fsx go. You will notice the bat file checking and starting the main programs for FSX  vis Nostromo 52 controller, TrackIr 5, ASA, SPAd and then the spalsh screen randomiser. The next 4 line then starts up the FSX limiter. I hope this helps but if you need any more info just let me know.

fsx limiter.bat

@echo off

::testing to se if app is running in task list

::if not running then start app

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq nost_LM.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "nost_LM.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next

start /d "E:\Program Files (x86)\Belkin\Nostromo\" nost_LM.exe

:next

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq TrackIR5.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "TrackIR5.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next1

start /d "E:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\" TrackIR5.exe

:next1

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq ASA_Exec.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "ASA_Exec.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next2

start /d "J:\HiFi\ASE\" ASE_Exec.exe

:next2

tasklist /FI "IMAGENAME eq Spad.exe" 2>NUL | find /I /N "Spad.exe">NUL

if "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" goto next3

start /d "J:\Program Files (x86)\SPAD\" Spad.exe

:next3

start /d "J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\splash_randomizer\" RandomFile.bat

:: Insert delay of 1=2-1 seconds

ping -n 2 127.0.0.1 >NUL

goto next4

:next4

start /d "J:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FPS Limiter" fsx.exe.limited.bat goto end

:end

Ken  :)

Hi Krono....first thing its thanks for such response. But Im the kind of noobie that needs a step by step guide on how to do some things!

The above impressive answer let me in complete darkness.

So if you have the time and patience to make a guide (Some kind of) you will make my day

Thanks again!!!

Archived