How large of a Hard Drive required?

drumsonly2002

My initial project started way back when is almost completed, as I am getting get the SSD's raided (by a tec where the computer is now) this weekend. If he cannot Raid them, no big deal. Will be doing some Back Country Prop flying next weekend with PNW and NRM (NRM purchase next week).

That project took a lot longer than planned due to a few set backs this year, but pulled out ok as of late. Nonetheless been faithfully following the threads and what is what here, and in the Back Country Prop Club.

Orbx and FSX is a lot cheaper than flying lessons, and do not have to leave the house when the snow starts flying (no pun intended).

If your using SSD's then FORGET about RAID altogether ,  depending on just what scenery and other Add On's you have then a single 256 Gb SSD will be perfectly OK for what you seek.

IF you have the funds for 2 X 256 SSD's then run your OS and regular Program Files on One and ALL your flight related stuff on the other.

Thanks for the replies. The computer has a total of 3 SSD's. Had a Adaptec 5850 raid card so I got the bright idea of putting the OS on one SSD, and textures on the Raided 0 pair. So far, the tec tells me, he cannot install the Adaptec card on the Asus Striker 2 mother board. Thus, it looks like, XP on one hard drive, and FSX on other, good call,  Maurice, will do.

Archived