How big is KORS?

6297j

I'm umming and ahhing at the moment and swaying back and forth between Pacific Fjords and Orcas. I'm just wondering how much of Orcas Island is covered? If the area is as big as Concrete for example then that would be a fair sized chunk of the top of the island.

Are there any top down views?

You wouldn't want to. 

I live in an apartment complex comprising of about a dozen separate and different sized buildings and the whole lot are surrounded by massive gardens leading down to the sea front.  It takes a team of gardeners about a week to get all the gras cut! ;D

John

It covers the entire island with mostly 60cm terrain and select areas in 15cm with mutiple airports/water starts. One thing that surprised me was the size of the downoad-1GB (or almost 3W5 and WA56 put together). I personally wanted PFJ more because it covered a large area and filled in between PNW and Tongass and had some areas that I was specifically looking for like Ketchikan, Prince Rupert, Kleena Kleene and the Queen Charlotte Islands. However, I have been thrilled with KORS and it dramatically upgrades the San Juan Islands experience even with OZx. Knowing what I know now about these two products, it would be a hard choice. 

Actually its 15 cm and 30 cm  ;).

This high resolution doesn't allow us to cover the whole Island. That the download would be huge is an understatement... The core scenery (airfield and closer surroundings) are covered with a 15 cm image (this is sharp enough for one to count the electric power-line shadows) - the northern 'horseshoe' part and all other 'hot-spots' feature 30 cm, which is more than 3 times the default terrain texture resolution.

Further the whole Island got an extensive landclass makeover by Holger Sandmann which brings everything nicely together  :).

Actually its 15 cm and 30 cm  ;).

This high resolution doesn't allow us to cover the whole Island. That the download would be huge is an understatement... The core scenery (airfield and closer surroundings) are covered with a 15 cm image (this is sharp enough for one to count the electric power-line shadows) - the northern 'horseshoe' part and all other 'hot-spots' feature 30 cm, which is more than 3 times the default terrain texture resolution.

Further the whole Island got an extensive landclass makeover by Holger Sandmann which brings everything nicely together  :).

Ah yes, the 60 was a typo. But I guess I misunderstood the map in the user guide, which said "all other regions 30cm". Regardless, it is an astounding work that I can work a variety of my aircraft from Lancairs to bush planes (floats and wheels). 

Archived