Just the 2 of us

bayu swadeshi

Great shots....And did you know that one day flying like that might become a reality......

Formation flying saves fuel as it is more efficient. In North America birds fly south for the winter, they fly in formation to save energy. Airlines are studying this now as well.

Millitary has been doing this since world war 1 so the concept is nothing new. Just need to reprogram the autopilot to follow a lead aircraft and this would work. The seperation is a couple on miles for fuel savings so they won't be that close anyways.

Here is an article for further reading:

http://www.economist.com/node/15009915?story_id=15009915

thx gents ;)

Were you stalking an A380? :P

hmmm..kinda :D but dont tell anyone ey? ;)

A very nice couple!! :D Cool Pics!! And some very wonderful colours here!! But... don´t get too close here  ;)!!

have a nice flight

no i wont do that ;) your signature is awesome moonman!! :D

Great shots....And did you know that one day flying like that might become a reality......

Formation flying saves fuel as it is more efficient. In North America birds fly south for the winter, they fly in formation to save energy. Airlines are studying this now as well.

Millitary has been doing this since world war 1 so the concept is nothing new. Just need to reprogram the autopilot to follow a lead aircraft and this would work. The seperation is a couple on miles for fuel savings so they won't be that close anyways.

wow i didn't know about that..will check it out thx

thx gents ;)

Were you stalking an A380? :P

hmmm..kinda :D but dont tell anyone ey? ;)

A very nice couple!! :D Cool Pics!! And some very wonderful colours here!! But... don´t get too close here  ;)!!

have a nice flight

no i wont do that ;) your signature is awesome moonman!! :D

wow i didn't know about that..will check it out thx

Thank You very much bayu swadeshi!!

and to

ytzpilot:

Thank You very much too for the link here ... i read about that issue some weeks ago - it was in some article about the future of avation (one of a many i know) - but this one was interesting - i read it in a magazine though and can´t find it online - sorry, but i will look forward to it!!

therefore even more - Thank You for the information!!

have some great flights!!

Archived