From Coff Harbor to YBBN in the PC-12

alainneedle1

I "wanna" to test a flight from a medium airport to a big one in a payware plane to see how the rig will react so I left from Coff Harbor to YBBN following the coast....lets see...

Ready to go....

Posted Image

Posted Image

So far the FPS are holding....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slowly decending on approch to YBBN...

Posted Image

FPS are holding.....and

Posted Image

BAM....big hit on the FPS with a visual of the airport BUT the funny thing is this....very flyable if you keep the plane straight.....can't feel the loss of FPS unless I use the outside view....don't forget I have all slider  to the right with ENB and AI enable....

Posted Image

I love this cockpit...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

View of the bridge....

Posted Image

Man thats fricken awesome. I wish I had the 980x.  I did the YPMQ-YBBN tonight in the JS41 and it was fun, wish I could bump all my sliders up somemore but that airplane + that airport + the i720...well you know the rest.

Thank you all,

@ Jordan, having a i7 980x is the best one money can buy as of today but it's not the only thing you have to look for, what I tried to do is to take all the bottleneck out of the equation with what is available today.

The SSD PCI-e card does not have to deal with the sata bottleneck so there is one bottleneck I don't have to deal with right off the bat, the i7 980x (overclocked) with is 6 core is taking care of more autogen and as we already know the terrain engine can utilize up to 256 cores (we as of today have only 6 core...)

The other very important hardware a lot of peoples don't pay to much attention to is the RAM and the timing they are running at, so when shopping for rams a lot of peoples will look at the MHz and say WOW! 2000MHz is rocking and go home with a set of 3x2GB of them with a timing of (at default)  9-9-9-24 2T hocked on a i7 920 at 3.6GHz......wrong.....they would be better off with 1600MHz at 6-8-6-24 1T...

To be able to take advantage of rams running at 2000MHz with a timing like mine at 7-7-7-21 1T you have to push the CPU @ 4.4GHz + ...now I'm not saying you cant run them at that speed on a i7 920 @ 3.6GHz...of course you can but rams who can do 2000MHz at 7-7-7-21 1T  are asking for a beating, it's like driving a Ferrari with a 4 cylinder.....

So for me so far if I had to pick the piece of hardware who's not up to the task with the other component in my rig  I'll say it's the GPU......the GTX 580 is on my list BUT looking at what's going on right now with so many cards hitting the market right now I think I'll wait just a little more to see wich one will be the king of the hill, the already have 2 GTX 580 from Asus running at 950MHz in SLI.....POW.........I have the feeling we will see a GTX 585 soon...1000MHz???

Alain,

Congrats on your new system. Excellent shots!

I hope that the gtx 580 will give you a slight fps increase on final to those complex airports with a complex aircraft.

I have a gut feeling that this is a CPU speed issue and not a GPU bottleneck.

Please confirm this when you upgrade from your current gtx 480.

Best of luck.

Archived